The HPCC currently has the following open positions:
The Enterprise Systems Analyst I's scope of responsibility includes providing enterprise system design and architecture implementation, planning, and deployment support, as well as, administration of multiple enterprise systems. This includes consulting with users on specification requirements. Discretion and sound judgment is expected. Enterprise positions are restricted for use in central IT Division areas reporting to the institutional CIO and, as such, may interface with key IT leadership and/or other functional leadership from the Texas Tech University System institutions.
Works independently and/or with team members to:
- Provide architectural design, development, testing, installation, deployment, maintenance, and administration of enterprise hardware and software systems.
- Perform systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications.
- Support enterprise hardware and software systems through system monitoring, problem diagnosis and resolution, configuration management, systems programming, and systems integration.
- Ability to manage planning, implementation, deployment, and administration for multiple enterprise systems.
- May interface with key IT leadership and/or other functional leadership from the Texas Tech University System institutions.
- Adheres to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT OPs) and other relevant internal departmental policies.
Bachelor's degree with coursework in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related area plus five (5) years related full-time paid experience OR a combination of related education and/or experience. Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
Masters degree in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related area plus three (3) years related full-time paid experience in high performance computing systems analysis or advanced programming, OR a combination of related education and/or experience. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in scientific or cluster computing.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Demonstrated ability to: exercise judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities; plan and organize effectively, prioritize goals, use time efficiently, and stay on task; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective work relationships. Advanced analytical skills, including system analysis, process description, logic, problem diagnostics, and problem solving.
Experience administering one or more of the following OS platforms: Microsoft Windows, Linux, or Apple OS. Experience with one or more enterprise class systems, including ERP, storage, messaging, communications, application servers, directory servers, and data center infrastructure. Knowledgeable about industry standards relevant to data center and/or systems administration. Advanced training in systems analysis, design, and administration through education and experience.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum of two years experience with building, debugging, and deployment of research software and with systems management for high performance computing clusters. Familiarity with domain-specific research applications commonly used in high performance computing clusters. Familiarity with operation and use of parallel and cluster file systems. Ability to diagnose, repair, optimize, and correct common software malfunctions in advanced high performance computing systems.