The HPCC currently has the following open positions:
Server Administrator III
The Server Administrator III's role includes designing, installing, administering, and maintaining advanced computing systems. This includes conducting analysis of specification requirements, as well as, development and implementation of standards and procedures. The position is also expected to assist senior departmental management in IT strategic planning and provide general support for server operating systems and server applications.
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related area plus three (3) years related full-time paid experience OR a combination of related education and/or experience.
- Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
- Experience administering Linux servers. Experience in doing diagnostic and repair work on server hardware. Experience working on clusters or in an HPC environment.
- Advanced level analytical skills, including system analysis, process description, logic, problem diagnostics, and problem solving.
- Advanced training in server management through education or experience.