The Office of LGBTQIA Education & Engagement serves the Texas Tech University community through facilitation and leadership of programming and advocacy efforts aimed at strengthening the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and asexual (LGBTQIA) community. The Office also serves as a resource for members of the University community in their practice of 'allyship.'
Student Union Building Room 201 | 806-742-5433 | Email Us!
Office Update: 3/18/2020
To reduce the chances of exposure to the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Office of LGBTQIA Education & Engagement will continue to provide our services and be a resource remotely. Our team is available to assist students, faculty & staff with any questions or concerns. Otherwise, all in-person programs and meetings planned through May 15 have been cancelled or postponed.
- General inquiries may be directed to 806-742-5433 or email@example.com.
- The Office is seeking alternative formats to celebrate the graduation of LGBTQIA students and those committed to their practice of 'allyship.' More information will be available soon.
- Students seeking general advice or support for questions related to navigating difficult familial situations and/or extended time periods away from campus may contact Stephen Chao (they/he), firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IGNITE! Texas Tech's Program for LGBTQIA Allyship will provide sessions remotely through synchronous delivery upon request by an institutional office, department or affiliated organization. Requests may be made to Matt Hernandez (he/him), email@example.com.
- Faculty, staff, alumni and community partners interested in supporting efforts to reduce anxiety among LGBTQIA students and/or providing additional resources that may be quickly mobilized for these students may contact Jody Randall (she/her), firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with Us!