- Master's Degree
- College of Human Sciences
About the Program
The Doctor of Philosophy in Family and Consumer Sciences Education (FCSE) prepares students for faculty positions in higher education and other professional leadership roles. The program offers students the opportunity to:
- Receive guidance and mentoring from world-class scholars. Nationally renowned faculty lead our Ph.D. program. You will work with outstanding role models who have outstanding achievements in research, publishing, and educational innovation.
- Showcase your research ability. You will have access to top-notch libraries, labs, and consumer sciences facilities. Texas Tech doctoral students have a strong record of journal publishing and conference presentations.
- Receive teaching support and training. As a future faculty member, you will have significant teaching responsibilities. Texas Tech will help you learn practical teaching techniques that you will need to be an effective college educator.
- Become part of a broad professional network. Our faculty maintain relationships with researchers and educators across the country. In addition, our alumni hold leadership positions throughout Texas and the nation.
Visit the program website for more details.Program Website
Some programs may require you to come to the main campus or regional site for a course or activity. Make sure and check with the Department/Program Advisor to ensure you are able to meet the programs' requirements before you apply. Visit the program website for more details.