Key Benefits of Engagement
Engagement crosses all three institutional missions (Teaching, Research/Creative Activity, and Service) and exists within the work of Faculty, Staff, and Students. It is a philosophy, strategy, and a methodology that:
- Connects the scholarly interests of faculty, staff, and students across all disciplines with community needs or larger societal concerns;
- Enhances curriculum, teaching and learning;
- Informs research, creative activity, and scholarship;
- Prepares students to become educated and engaged citizens, and
- Addresses critical societal issues and contributes to the public good.
(Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, 2005).
Outreach & Engagement
AddressTexas Tech University | Drane Hall | Box 41047