Red Raider Orientation
Are you exempt?
For more information regarding TSI exemptions and compliance, please contact the TSI Compliance Office.
Need to take the TSI exam?
NOTE: Due to limited seating, testing is by appointment only. If you do not feel well
or have a fever, you need to reschedule your testing appointment.
In order to avoid a delay in advising and class registration, it is recommended that you take the TSI assessment prior to your first day of orientation. The TSI exam is untimed and may take several hours to complete.
What is the TSI Assessment?
The TSI Assessment is the ONLY exam approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to meet compliance requirements for Texas Success Initiative. Additional information regarding the exam and practice questions is available on the Texas Success Initiative website.
What is required to take the TSI examination at Academic Testing Services?
Students are required to complete the TSI Pre-Assessment Activity prior to taking the TSI Assessment.
If you have an appointment to come in to test, bring these items with you to 214 West Hall:
- Appropriate photo ID is required at time of testing (driver's license, passport or other government ID with a current photo).
- Copy of your Pre-Assessment Activity Certificate of completion.
- Prior to your test, you'll be sent a payment link for the $50 (non-refundable) fee.
If you are testing online through Examity, you'll follow the instructions and fee policy set by them. Be aware, you will have to meet certain equipment requirements set by the online vendor to test online. You will need a camera on your computer or a webcam attached. You can find out more at https://examity.com/accuplacer-students/. Please watch the video under scheduling.
Policies and Fees are subject to change.
TSI ASSESSMENT FYI:
- Scores are printed immediately after testing.
- The test is untimed.
- This test is adaptive, which means that the computer automatically selects which questions are given specifically based on the answer choices to prior questions.
- The TSI Assessment may be attempted more than once.
For more information regarding TSI Compliance, please visit the TSI Compliance Office website.
For more information regarding TSI Advising & sample test questions, please visit the Texas Success Initiative website.
NOTE: ACCUPLACER, Compass, Asset, and THEA no longer satisfy the TSI Requirement.