Texas Tech University

Alcoholic Beverages

The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) governs the sale and service of alcohol. Bartenders will card anyone at an event who appears to be under the age of 30.

Top Tier Catering-provided alcohol
Cash bars and tally bars offer alcoholic beverages by the individual drink. Cash bars allow your guests to purchase their own drinks while tally bars are tracked and billed to you, the client. Should you choose this option, Top Tier will handle the details regarding the TABC permit. The permit must be made at least 10 business days prior to an event, obtainable Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. from the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission Office, in order to avoid a late fee from TABC, which will appear on your contract/invoice from Top Tier. Top Tier Catering will provide a complete bar set-up, including the bartender, or simply a beer and/or wine bar. When Top Tier Catering is providing alcohol, clients may not supplement their own alcohol.

Customer-provided alcohol
Customers may provide their own alcohol for their event. This alcohol must be served by a TABC certified bartender, scheduled through Top Tier Catering. When the customer is providing alcohol, Top Tier Catering may not supplement the event with additional alcohol. Additional set-up fees may apply. Please consult your event planner for more details.

All alcoholic beverage bars must be staffed with a bartender who is certified by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission as well as a security officer. The security officer must be scheduled through Top Tier Catering. Top Tier Catering is unable to provide alcoholic beverage service to any student organization.

Top Tier Catering