Engineering Technology Objectives & Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives
The Program Educational Objectives define future roles for which we are preparing our graduates. It is expected that the CEET graduates:
- Have a strong personal sense of professionalism and pride in their chosen career field,
- Engage in professional service, such as participation in a professional society and community service.
- Advance to higher levels of professional responsibility.
- Be committed to professional development via obtaining professional registration, certification, or other such credentials as appropriate to their career, professional training, or via completing post-baccalaureate course work.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology
Student outcomes are statements of the expectations for the knowledge and skills that students should possess when they graduate with a
Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology from Texas Tech University.
Graduates of the program with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology must demonstrate the following:
- An ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to broadly-defined engineering technology activities.
- An ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies.
- An ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes.
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes for broadly-defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives.
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.
- An ability to identify, analyze, and solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and nontechnical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- An understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
- An understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity.
- A knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context.
- A commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
The bachelor of science in engineering technology is accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.