Center for Multidisciplinary Research in Transportation
|Director||Dr. Sanjaya Senadheerafirstname.lastname@example.org|
The Center for Multidisciplinary Research in Transportation (TechMRT) at Texas Tech University is dedicated to serving as a focal point for communication between Texas Tech and various transportation research funding organizations and programs. A genuinely multidisciplinary facility, TechMRT's strengths lie in its state-of-the-art research facilities and full range of capabilities available across the Texas Tech University System. In addition to the expertise available within the Whitacre College of Engineering, TechMRT has collaborated with researchers from the Texas Tech Department of Psychology, Department of Plant and Soil Science, Department of Landscape Architecture, the Texas Tech Library, and the Geographic Information Systems Research Lab.
TechMRT is committed to all facets of transportation research including:
- Crisis aversion and management through rapid replacement of damaged bridges
- The protection of taxpayer investment through the study of maximizing and preserving existing roadways
- Environmental responsibility through research of alternative water sources in construction applications
- Study of elastomeric bearings for superelevated u-beam bridges
- Transport spill containment for Texas highways
- Subdivision of watersheds for modeling
- Development of field performance evaluation tools and program for pavement marking materials
- Develop statewide regression equations for improved flood peak estimation
For more information, please visit the TechMRT website.