Young Distinguished Engineer Award
The Young Distinguished Engineer award was created to recognize and honor Whitacre College of Engineering alumni who represent the college in an outstanding way through their professional and civic achievements within 15 years of graduating with their undergraduate degree.
To be eligible for the Young Distinguished Engineer Award, an individual must:
- Be an alumnus of the Whitacre College of Engineering who received his/her undergraduate degree within the last 15 years.
- Be exceptional in his/her profession, life work, or other worthy endeavors.
- Be actively involved in Texas Tech and the college through associations, committees, etc.
- Be a person of such integrity, stature, and demonstrated ability that faculty, staff, students, and alumni will take pride in and be inspired by his/her recognition.
- Attend the college's Distinguished Engineer Luncheon in the spring of 2021 to receive the award.