Young Distinguished Engineer Award
The Young Distinguished Engineer award was created to recognize and honor Whitacre
College of Engineering alumni who represent the college in an outstanding way through
their professional and civic achievements within 15 years of graduating with their
To nominate a candidate as the 2017 Young Distinguished Engineer of the Year, please
complete the nomination form and submit it via email to email@example.com no later than August 15, 2017.
To be eligible for the Young Distinguished Engineer Award, an individual must:
- Be an alumnus of the Whitacre College of Engineering who received his/her undergraduate
degree within the last 15 years.
- Be exceptional in his/her profession, life work, or other worthy endeavors.
- Be actively involved in Texas Tech and the college through associations, committees,
- Be a person of such integrity, stature, and demonstrated ability that faculty, staff,
students, and alumni will take pride in and be inspired by his/her recognition.
- Attend the college's State of the College Breakfast on Friday, October 14, 2016 to
receive the award.
Young Distinguished Engineer Award Recipients
2016 - Chad Smith
2015 - Ryan Hanford
2014 - James Baumgartner