The Chair's Council advises the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry by:
- Providing a historical perspective and innovative ideas to assist in the development of the department.
- Assisting in determining mechanisms for access to resources and in marketing the Department to employers, prospective donors (both designated and unrestricted gifts), foundations, funding agencies, and corporations.
- Assisting in marketing the Department to alumni, community leaders, the media, public leaders and the public. Help to identify strategies for contacting and cultivating relationships with these groups.
- Providing input regarding the state, national, and global context within which our department and its graduates must succeed.
- Providing helpful input and, if appropriate, external assessment to the Department with regards to undergraduate and graduate teaching and mentoring (e.g., career placement).
- Assisting the Chair and the Faculty in communicating and interacting with the Texas Tech University upper administration.
- Considering future strategies to allow the Department to realize the goals established for Texas Tech University and the TexasTech University System.
- Facilitating intra- and inter-institutional partnerships and collaborations.
- Helping to develop, promote, protect, and sustain special initiatives.
- Providing guidance with regard to recruitment and retention of undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and staff.
- Serving for the purposes as deemed important or necessary by the Council.
Chair's Council Members