Summer Camp Counselor
This position is ideal if you will be in Lubbock during Summer I or Summer II sessions, enjoy working with young pre-college students and are looking to build your resume and develop leadership skills.
IDEAL will recruit and interview undergraduate and graduate students to be employed as summer camp counselors. IDEAL will utilize TECHConnect (old Org Sync) to recruit counselors and counselors will apply via TECHConnect.
About the Position
- Be a positive representative of Texas Tech University
- Welcome new students, their parents, and family members to Texas Tech
- Lead small group discussions
- Teach students the History and Traditions of Texas Tech
- Serve as a peer mentor to new students
- Develop professional and leadership skills
- Gain an in-depth knowledge about campus resources
- Establish connections within the Texas Tech community
- Form lasting relationships with other amazing counselors
- Free housing during camp
- Free meals during training and camp
- Free IDEAL and camp t-shirt
- Enhance your resume
- Networking opportunity
- Cultural exposure
- You must maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA during employment
- You must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with Texas Tech University
- You must have been enrolled at TTU for Spring/Fall semester
- You must attend all meetings and trainings
- You must notify of other employment or class enrollment
How to Apply
- Attend one information session (see dates below). Attending an information session is required in order to receive an application.
- After attending an information session, submit the application online.
- Submit the Recommendation Form/Reference Form with your application.
- Sign up for an individual interview.