Science: It's a Girl Thing
Science: It's A Girl Thing is a residential camp for girls. The goals are to provide girls with strong role models and dispel myths and misconceptions about science and careers in science. Campers experience university life, hands-on classes and recreational activities. In the past we have offered classes ranging from Nano Energy to Animal Science. Since the purpose of SIGT is to allow girls to explore new fields in science we ask students to write a short biography and then we assign them to classes based on what we believe they would find interesting. This approach exposes girls to diverse topics in science and sparks interests that could lead to a lifelong career.
- Provide girls with strong role models
- Spark interests in science
- Dispel myths and misconceptions about science and careers in science
- Introduce under-represented girls to a collegiate experience
Open to girls entering grades 5 - 11.
Science: It's a Girl Thing 2015
The following dates have been set for the summer 2015 sessions of Science: It's a Girl Thing. Please note that the grade levels listed are for the grade your student will be entering in the 2015-2016 school year.
- Session I - Grades 5 & 6 - June 7-11
- Session II - Grades 7 & 8 - June 14-18
- Session III - Grades 9-11 - June 14-18
Registration will be opening soon.