The Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program is a year-round graduate school preparatory program. The program includes an 8-week summer research internship that prepares undergraduate students demonstrating strong academic potential for graduate research. The McNair Scholars Program is a Federal TRIO program designed to identify need and provide services for individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Highly motivated and disciplined rising juniors who are:
• U.S. Citizens or Permanent Legal Residents of the U.S.
• First-Generation OR Low-Income OR Members of an Underrepresented Group in Graduate Education (African American, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Hispanic/Latino, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander)
• In Good Academic Standing (2.5+ GPA desired)
• Interested in STEM-related research is preferred. However, all majors can apply.
• Desiring to Pursue Graduate Studies, especially at the Ph.D. Level
• 8-week Summer Internship with Stipend
• Research Opportunities with Faculty Mentorship
• Advanced Leadership Training
• GRE Preparation & Fee Reduction
• Graduate School Application Waivers from 200+ Graduate Schools
• Graduate Placement Assistance
• Academic, Career & Personal Counseling
Students are required to:
• Maintain close contact with faculty mentors
• Participate in research project with mentors
• Attend McNair Summer Courses (IS 3000 at no cost)
• 2-3 Recommendation Letters
• 500-word Personal Statement*
Darin Williams, Interim Project Director, email@example.com