TTU PEGASUS Program
Pioneers in Education: Generations Achieving Scholarship & Unprecedented Success
Successful Transitions for First Generation College (FGC) Students
- Pioneers in Education: Generations Achieving Scholarship and Unprecedented Success.
- Pegasus stands in mythology as a means of accomplishing the previously unattainable. Throughout the ages, the image of the winged horse has evoked thoughts of exploration, independence, and triumph. Across the cultural spectrum, the winged horse signifies pure intellect, unblemished innocence, light, and life itself.
- The TTU PEGASUS Program seeks to make exploration, innovation, and academic success attainable realities for First Generation College (FGC) Students. The emblem of PEGASUS is not only a reminder of these noble goals, but it is also a symbol of the services with which the program will provide its students.
- PEGASUS is focused on helping you become the first in your family to really learn about college through the experience of being here.
- First Year students are assigned to a student mentor. Our mentors are sophomores, juniors and seniors in the program and are here to help develop peer relationships that are proven to be vital to your success while in college.
Getting involved is easy
- All first-year First Generation College students are welcome to join PEGASUS.
- By joining you will get...
- Exclusive access to resources available to you for free.
- Community Service Opportunities.
- Become part of our social network.