Jody Dennis, M.Ed.
Office: Education 201A
Mrs. Jody Dennis is a Tech Teach Site Coordinator and an Instructor in Language & Literacy, Secondary Level, and Middle School Level Teacher Education Programs.
Before becoming a full-time instructor for the College of Education in January 2006, Mrs. Dennis taught English and Journalism at Lubbock High School from January 1999-December 2005. In August 2001, she began teaching as an adjunct for Texas Tech University and taught post-baccalaureate students in Project REAL (Recruiting Educators through Alternative Licensure), which was a five year transition to teaching grant funded by the United States Department of Education. Project REAL was designed to provide high quality, fast-track secondary alternative certification courses within a professional development school model. In addition, Project REAL focused on recruiting, equipping, and retaining increasing numbers of minority teachers to the field of education.
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education with an emphasis in English and Language Arts: Lubbock Christian University (1998)
- Masters of Education in Education Administration: Lubbock Christian University (2001)
- TAP Certified
- Certified Co-Teaching Trainer
- English/Language Arts Lifetime Teaching Certificate
- Instructional Leadership Development
- Professional Development and Appraisal System
- Principal Internship (177 hours)
- Principal’s Certificate
- Advanced Placement Certified
- Gifted and Talented Certified