When submitting electronic documents in the EOPS system, please ensure that all sensitive information such as social security numbers, bank account numbers, bank routing numbers, and credit card numbers are redacted, leaving no more than the last four digits of the number. EOPS with documents displaying visible sensitive information, may be rejected back to the department for correction/redaction.
W-2 and 1095-C Information
- In preparation for the end of the calendar year and the W-2 and 1095-C processes, Payroll & Tax Services highly recommends that all employees review and/or update their Permanent Address. The deadline for address updates is January 8, 2019.
- Employees can consent to receive both their W-2 and 1095-C forms electronically.
- Please visit the W-2 and 1095-C Information page for instructions on updating your Permanent Address and completing your electronic consent election.
End of Year Dates & Deadlines
- Paper Form W2's will be mailed out by the post office no later than January 31, 2019.
- Electronic Form W2's are scheduled to be available on January 24, 2019 under your employee tab in Raiderlink/Webraider. If you consent for electronic delivery, you will not receive a paper copy Form W2.
- Please review and update your addresses through the "My Personal Information" link on your employee tab. It is important for the Form W2 process as well as other mailings from Payroll & Tax Services.
- Departments, please have all your non-exempt employees submit their timesheets for the December 1st - 15th pay period on time and approved by December 17th to avoid a delay on the December 21st pay date. Employees who do not submit their timesheet timely will need a manual check request submitted by their department. Manual Check Requests for the December 1st - 15th period will pay on January 4, 2019.
- The deadline for Manual Check Requests for calendar year 2018 is December 7th. Requests received by 5 pm central time December 7th will be paid December 14th. Any requests received after the December 7th deadline thru December 31, 2018 at 5pm central time will be paid on January 4, 2019.
- The EOPS deadline for the December monthly payroll is 5 p.m. central time December 18th. EOPS must be fully approved by this time to process and pay with the monthly payroll.
- All overpayments must be paid by 5 p.m. central time December 14, 2018 to ensure the employee's 2018 Form W2 is accurate.
Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS)
Keeping your address current with TRS
It is very important that TRS have your correct address on file as it is used for mailing confidential information regarding your TRS account. As a reminder, TRS no longer accepts address changes from the employer. Employees must update their address with TRS in one of three ways:
- Mail a Change of Address Notification form (TRS 358)to TRS.
- Mail a written request to TRS. The letter must contain your social security number or your TRS Participant ID number and your signature.
- Online as a registered user of MyTRS. Please note: If you were not a TRS member prior to the start of the 2017-18 school year, you cannot register for a MyTRS account until further enhancements to the self-service portal are complete.
This information was communicated to members by TRS in the April 2018 TRS newsletter.
2018 Federal Income Tax Withholding
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has released an updated 2018 Form W-4. The IRS has also updated the online Withholding Calculator that can be used to confirm the correct amount of tax is withheld from your paycheck. We encourage you to review your withholding this year because of the recent changes to the tax law for 2018. If you determine that your Form W-4 does need to be updated, please submit the completed form to your respective Human Resources office.
All TTU and TTU System Staff employees in a full-time non-exempt employee class will accrue compensatory leave time when working >40 hours during the FLSA workweek.
Available compensatory leave time hours should be taken by the end of the accrual period, March 31st. The following reports are available in Cognos to help departments in monitoring an employee's Comp Time balance:
HR030 – Employee Current Leave Balances – Report provides employee(s) leave balances and there is an option to select individual leave code(s) to view current balances.
HR207 – Estimated Comp Time Expense – Report can be run by ORGN or by FOP and will show the available hours and estimated salary expense for all active employees with a Comp Time balance. All applicable fringes will be charged in addition to the salary expense included on this report.
Reports can be found in the following folder within Cognos: Team Content > Human Resources > Departmental Users > All Human Resources Reports.
Both reports are current as of the date the report is run but the hours do not include any manual leave adjustment forms or timesheets that have not been processed.
Employee Relocation Changes
Recent passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act removes the individual moving expense deduction effective January 1, 2018. This change will limit an employer's ability to pay and/or reimburse an employee's moving expense as a nontaxable payment. Please refer to the Employee Relocation Expense Changes document for details on how to process faculty/staff moves that occurred in 2017 as well as procedural guidance for moves occurring after December 31, 2017.