End of Year Deadlines
With another year coming to an end, Payroll & Tax Services would like to provide a few reminders about the upcoming holiday schedule and payroll deadlines. Departments and employees can view the Department End User Calendars for deadlines regarding timesheets, ePAF's, and scheduled pay dates. Some additional important items to keep in mind are:
- Paper Form W-2's will be mailed out by the post office no later than January 31, 2020.
- Electronic Form W-2's are scheduled to be available on January 23, 2020 under your employee tab in Raiderlink/ Webraider. If you consent for electronic delivery, you will not receive a paper copy Form W-2.
- Please review and update your address through the "My Personal Information" link on your employee tab. An updated address is important for the Form W-2 process as well as other mailings from Payroll & Tax Services.
- Departments, please have all your non-exempt employees submit their timesheets for the December 1st -15th pay period on time and approved by December 17th to avoid a delay on their December 20th pay date. Employees who do not submit their timesheet timely will need a manual check request submitted by their department. Manual Check Requests for the December 1-15 period will pay on January 10, 2020.
- The deadline for Manual Check Requests for calendar year 2019 is December 6th. Requests received by 5 pm central time December 6th will be paid December 13th. Any requests received after the December 6th deadline thru January 3, 2020 at 5pm central time will be paid on January 10, 2020.
- The EOPS deadline for the December monthly payroll is 5 pm central time December 18th. EOPS must be fully approved by this time to process and pay with the monthly payroll.
- All overpayments must be paid by 5 pm central time December 6, 2019 to ensure the employee's 2019 Form W-2 is accurate.
It is very important for both departments and employees to be proactive with the payroll deadlines to ensure employees are paid in a timely manner. This is especially true during the holiday season with short payroll deadlines. Departments and employees can refer to the Payroll & Tax Services General Deadlines link under the Payroll & Tax tab in Raiderlink/Webraider for additional information.
When submitting electronic documents in the EOPS system, please ensure that all sensitive information such as social security numbers, bank account numbers, bank routing numbers, and credit card numbers are redacted, leaving no more than the last four digits of the number. EOPS with documents displaying visible sensitive information, may be rejected back to the department for correction/redaction.
2019 Form W-2 Availability
- Distributed electronically on January 23, 2020. Instructions for electing electronic delivery can be found on the W-2 and 1095-C Information page. The deadline to sign up for electronic delivery is January 21, 2020. If you choose to receive your W-2 electronically, you will not receive a paper copy.
- Paper form W-2s for those who do not elect electronic delivery will be mailed no later than January 31, 2020.
- Questions can be directed to email@example.com or by using our online form.
2020 Federal Income Tax Withholding
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has released an updated 2020 Form W-4. The IRS has also updated the online Withholding Calculator that can be used to confirm the correct amount of tax is withheld from your paycheck. We encourage you to review your withholding this year because of the recent changes to the tax law. If you determine that your Form W-4 does need to be updated, please submit the completed form to your respective Human Resources office.
All TTU and TTU System Staff employees in a full-time non-exempt employee class will accrue compensatory leave time when working >40 hours during the FLSA workweek.
Available compensatory leave time hours should be taken by the end of the accrual period, March 31st. The following reports are available in Cognos to help departments in monitoring an employee's Comp Time balance:
HR030 – Employee Current Leave Balances – Report provides employee(s) leave balances and there is an option to select individual leave code(s) to view current balances.
HR207 – Estimated Comp Time Expense – Report can be run by ORGN or by FOP and will show the available hours and estimated salary expense for all active employees with a Comp Time balance. All applicable fringes will be charged in addition to the salary expense included on this report.
Reports can be found in the following folder within Cognos: Team Content > Human Resources > Departmental Users > All Human Resources Reports.
Both reports are current as of the date the report is run but the hours do not include any manual leave adjustment forms or timesheets that have not been processed.
Employee Relocation Changes
Recent passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act removes the individual moving expense deduction effective January 1, 2018. This change will limit an employer's ability to pay and/or reimburse an employee's moving expense as a nontaxable payment. Please refer to the Employee Relocation Expense Changes document for details on how to process faculty/staff moves that occurred in 2017 as well as procedural guidance for moves occurring after December 31, 2017.