Tuition Rebate Program for Certain Undergraduates
ATTENTION: Tuition Rebate is NOT the GOT- "Graduate On Time Program"
- Tuition Rebate must be applied for by student in Student Business Services
- "Graduate On Time" Program must be applied for by student with their academic advisor
- To provide a tuition rebate to undergraduate students who in their first baccalaureate degree in an institution of higher education have completed their degree by attempting no more than three semester credit hours in excess of the minimum required for that undergraduate degree.
- Texas Education Code, Section 54.0065
- They must have enrolled for the first time in an institution of higher education in the fall of 1997 or later,
- They must be requesting a rebate for work related to a first baccalaureate degree received from a Texas public university
- They must have been a resident of Texas, and must have completed all coursework at a Texas public institution of higher education and have been entitled to pay resident tuition at all times while pursing the degree, and
- They must have attempted NO MORE that three hours in excess of the minimum number of semester credit hours required to complete the degree under the catalog under which they were graduated.
- Coordinating Board Rule 13.93 states that if a student chooses to complete the requirements for a teaching certificate, the minimum number of credit hours required for the degree should b e the minimum number of credit hours in which it is possible to satisfy the requirements of both the baccalaureate degree and the teaching certificate.
- Hours attempted include transfer credits, course credit earned exclusively by examination in excess of 9 such hours, courses that are dropped after the official census date (12th class day, spring and fall, 4th class day summer term), for credit developmental courses, optional internship and cooperative education courses, and repeated courses,
- Courses dropped for reasons that are determined by the institution to be totally beyond the control of the student shall not be counted.
To be eligible for a rebate under this program, the student must meet all of the following conditions:
- All Texas public baccalaureate granting general academic Universities.
Amount of Tuition Rebate:
- The amount of tuition rebate is $1,000.00 unless the total amount of undergraduate tuition paid by the student to the institution awarding the degree was less than $1,000.00 in which event the amount of tuition to be rebated is an amount equal to the amount of undergraduate tuition paid by the student to the institution.
- A student who paid the institution awarding the degree an amount of undergraduate tuition less than $1,000.00 may qualify for an increase in the amount of the rebate, NOT to exceed a total rebate of $1,000.00 for any amount of undergraduate tuition the student paid to the other Texas public institutions of higher education by providing the institution awarding the degree with proof of the total amount of that tuition paid to the other institutions.
- The tuition rebate shall be reduced by the amount of any outstanding student loan, including the emergency loan, owed to or guaranteed by the State of Texas, including the Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation.
- If a student has more than one outstanding student loan, the institution shall apply the amount of the rebate to the loans as directed by the student.
- If the student fails to provide timely instructions on the application of the amount, the institution shall apply the amount of the rebate to retire the loans with the highest interest rates first.
- Students desiring to qualify for this rebate are responsible for complying with all university rules and regulations related to the administration of the program.
- Students desiring to qualify for this rebate are solely responsible for enrolling in courses that will qualify them for the rebate.
- A student who has transferred from another institution of higher education is responsible for providing to the institution awarding the degree official transcripts from all institutions attended by the student.
- Students must apply for the rebate prior to receiving their baccalaureate degree on forms provided by the University. It is not necessary for the student to apply for the rebate immediately upon their registration however, the student has responsibility to adequately notify the institution prior to award of the degree.