Classics Graduate Workshop Schedule 2020-21
For additional events in the department, please see our events page.
These workshops are run by and for the TTU Classics MA cohort, in conjunction with the Classics faculty.
2020-21 Workshop Coordinators: Jacob Bowe, Emma Schneider
Spring 2021 - via Zoom
- Feb. 9 @ 12:30 pm – Thesis Planning
- Feb. 23 @ 12:30 pm – The Thesis Writing Process
- March 9 @ 12:30 pm – Abstract Round Table or Conference Paper Reads
- March 23 @ 12:30 am – PhD Application Process
- April 6 @ 12:30am – Abstract Round Table or Conference Paper Reads
Fall 2020 - via Zoom
- Sept. 3 @ 11am – Choosing a Conference and Developing an Abstract
- Sept. 17 @ 11am – Acclimating to Graduate School [discuss schedule/balance, Course Work, TA-ship, Professional Relationships and other questions that have come up from the first month].
- October 1 @ 11am – Abstract Round Table
- October 15 @ 11am – Professional and Pedagogical Development Opportunities
- October 29 @ 11am – Internal Funding and External Funding
- November 12 @ 11am – Choosing summer opportunities and Study Abroad Funding
*All dates, times, and content subject to change based on needs of graduate cohort.
AddressCMLL Building, 2906 18th St, Lubbock, TX 79409