Executive Director Ellen Rose describes what makes Texas Tech-CR different from other universities in Costa Rica. Contact us with any questions or to arrange a campus tour. email@example.com or WhatsApp 8414-4554.
This video gives a quick overview of our admissions process. Contact us to get started! firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp 8414-4554
To get acquainted with the admissions portal, where you will upload your documents and check your application status, see the detailed instructions in this video.
Complete Texas Tech University's online application, with help from our recruitment staff as needed.
The nonrefundable application fee is $75.
Submit original or official copies of high school transcripts and any exit examinations taken in English. These may be sent electronically, but if you are admitted to Texas Tech University-Costa Rica, you must provide OFFICIAL FINAL TRANSCRIPTS upon arrival.
(Only required for Engineering and Computer Science) Engineering and Computer Science: Class rank and SAT or ACT scores are required. If you graduate from a U.S. accredited high school, you must submit the combination of high school class rank and college entrance test scores required for these disciplines. NOTE: We will "superscore" your test results. That is, we maximize your ACT or SAT score by using the highest section score from any results you submit.
With some exceptions (see below), Texas Tech University-Costa Rica requires students from non-English speaking countries to demonstrate the ability to speak, write, and understand the English language. Students must submit one of the following to show proof of English proficiency:
- • Duolingo English Test (online examination) The minimum required Duolingo score is 100. Scores are reported within 48 hours and are valid for two years.
- • TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) The minimum TOEFL score required is 550 (paper-based version) or 79 (internet-based version). The TOEFL score must be received directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS); Texas Tech University's institutional code is B100. TOEFL scores are valid for two years.
- • IELTS (International English Language Testing Service) The minimum IELTS score is an overall band score of 6.5 on the Academic version; IELTS General Training results are not acceptable. IELTS scores are valid for two years.
- • PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English Academic) The minimum required PTE Academic score is 60. PTE General and PTE Young Learners results are not acceptable. PTE Academic scores are valid for two years.
- • Cambridge CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English) The minimum required Cambridge CPE grade is “C”. The Cambridge CPE is valid for life.
- • Cambridge CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English) The minumum required Cambridge CAE grade is “B”. The Cambridge CAE is valid for life.
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A WAIVER IF YOU:
- • Achieved a score of 500 on the SAT Writing and Reading sections;
- • Achieved a score of 21 on the ACT English section;
- • Received a grade of 4 or better on the IB Diploma in English or a 4 or better on the A-level GCE in English Language (not English as a Second Language, English Literature, etc.); or
- • Attended at least two years at a high school with U.S. accreditation.
Texas Tech University-Costa Rica offers the opportunity to take classes as a full-time or part-time student. Tuition is determined by the number of credit hours a student takes per semester.
Experience the power of a global learning environment.
AddressAvenida Escazú, Edificio AE205 San José, San Rafael de Escazú, Escazú 10201- Costa Rica