Center for Collegiate Recovery Communities at Texas Tech University
The Center for Collegiate Recovery Communities (CCRC) at Texas Tech University (TTU) provides scholarships, academic support, and recovery support to students in recovery from substance use disorders and eating disorders. Students have the opportunity to enhance their quality of life by pursuing academic, personal, and professional goals. The Collegiate Recovery Community is open to all students who are committed to growth in recovery as they actively attain higher education in the field of their choice at TTU.
NOTE: Application Deadlines
Fall - Application deadline is March 31.
Spring - Application deadline is October 31.
The CCRC offers scholarships to current members who exhibit commitment to recovery, academics, and leadership. Students wishing to receive a scholarship must meet the following criteria:
1. Apply to Texas Tech
2. Complete CCRC Application - Below
Students should have at least one continuous year of abstinence from alcohol and other substances and/or one year of actively seeking recovery in non-abstinence based behavioral addictions (i.e. eating disorders/sex addiction/etc.) during the first semester of enrollment.
3. Complete 12 hours (undergraduate) or 9 hours (graduate) credit per semester.
NOTE: Although generally not recommended, a limited number of part-time CCRC scholarships are available.
4. Maintain a minimum 3.0 grade point average (GPA).
5. Enroll in Community Seminar, maintaining an "A" each semester.
6. Students are encouraged to submit scholarship applications at TTU colleges and at additional departments across the university.
If you have any questions about applying to the CCRC, call 806-742-2891.
Other Important Resources
TTU Financial Aid/TTU