- Must be a currently enrolled TTU or TTUHSC student
- Must have earned 40 credit hours
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 with an A or a B in courses tutored
- Must be available for a mandatory, two-day training at the beginning of the semester and attend ongoing training throughout the semester
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must maintain student confidentiality and follow all the policies of the TECHniques Center and the University
Tutors who work with our program consistently state that working with us is so much more than a part-time job. It is an opportunity to develop as an individual, Texas Tech student, and young professional. We take great pride in our tutoring positions, and as a result, tutors can expect these benefits:
- Flexible hours. No late night or evening work hours.
- Paid training, including the mandatory two-day training at the beginning of the semester and ongoing training through the semester
- Starting pay at $10/hour for undergraduate students and $11/hour for graduate students
- Certification as a tutor through the College Reading and Learning Association
- Professional experience for resumes, interviews, and job applications
- A fun and positive work environment in which tutors receive lots of on the job training, feedback, and support
How to Apply
Download the tutor application packet. (Alternately, you can complete the tutor application online in an accessible format.) Please complete the application packet and return to the TECHniques Center (with all required documents) in 1H1 Weeks Hall or email your application to us. Only applicants who have completed the application in its entirety will be considered for an interview. Submitting an application does not automatically guarantee an interview or position with our program, although we are happy to hold your application for a future semester. Applicants who are chosen for an interview will be notified via their official TTU email address.
Questions about our tutoring positions or the application process can be directed to 806-742-1822.