All-Girl Cheer Tryouts
The All-Girl Cheer Squad is comprised of talented female cheerleaders.
The All-Girl Squad performs at home football games, women's home volleyball games,
women's home basketball games, and women's soccer games. In addition, All-Girl Cheer
will the have opportunity to travel to post season football bowl games, Big 12 tournament
basketball games, and NCAA/NIT basketball tournament games. The squad also represents
Texas Tech at many university and community events throughout the year. All-Girl Cheerleaders
will receive the same benefits as the other Spirit Squad members.
2015 All-Girl Tryouts
May 2-3, 2015 | United Supermarkets Arena, Lubbock, TX
Tryout Applications Available in January 2015 | Attend College Prep Clinic
Cheer Program Benefits
- $1,000 Leadership Scholarship Opportunities
- Out of State Tuition Waiver
- Uniform & Accessories Paid
- Paid Travel Expenses for out of town games
- Academic Tutoring
- Meal Plan
- Athletic Trainer & Team Doctor
- Strength & Conditioning Program
- Tanning & Skin Care Sponsor
- Cheer for a Big 12 Conference School
- Supportive Cheer Alumni
Female participants must choose which squad to tryout for - CoEd or All-Girl. Tryouts
happen at the same time. At end of tryouts, Coach has right to change and award position
on opposite squad if needed and sees a better fit.
What's the difference between squads? All-Girl is consisted of all-female cheerleaders stunting in female groups. CoEd consists of male and female cheerleaders with the males stunting with the female
Cheerleaders will NOT be able to participate in Fall Sorority Recruitment activities.
2015 Tryout Requirements
- Freshman/Transfer Students
Must be Accepted to TTU for 2015-2016 academic year
- Current TTU students:
- Enrolled full time (Undergraduate: 12 hours, Graduate: 9 hours)
- Cumulative & Current GPA of 2.0 or above
- Current Health Insurance (a copy of insurance card must be sent in with application)
- Pay Tryout Application Fee ($50 - nonrefundable)
All-Girl Tryout Attire
- Black Spandex Shorts
- Solid Black Fitted Top or Sports Bra
(small logos are acceptable)
- Cheer Shoes
- 2 1/4 inch White Grosgrain Ribbon
- Hair 1/2 up, curled
Tryout Format & Skill Sections
Preliminary Tryouts (Saturday morning)
- Standing Tumbling
- Standing Back Tuck (or full)
- Toe Touch - Back Tuck (or full)
- Additional Standing Tumbling Pass
- Gameday Spirit & Motion Technique
- Fight Song & Sideline Chant
- Looking for sharp motions and ability to lead the crowd
- Running Tumbling
- Running Tumbling Passes - must be round-off back handspring back tuck level or better
Semi-Final & Final Tryouts (Sunday Morning)
- Stunts - (groups must be with participants trying out - no outside stunt groups are allowed)
- Two-person base stunts preferred (main base & side base lifting top person)
- Toss Awesome, pop-off dismount
- Hands/Prep-Level or Toss to Extended Stretch with Double Down dismount
- Stunt Groups can be formed at College Prep Clinics or night before tryout open gym.
- Additional stunt entries may be asked for any call-backs, if necessary.
Includes, but not limited to, Full-Up, Ball-Up, or Rewinds.
- Final Skill Review/Call-Backs & Personal Interview
- Personal interview with panel judges
- Additional tumbling and/or stunts may be asked for any call-backs, if necessary.
Stunts Includes, but not limited to, Full-Up, Ball-Up, or Rewinds. Tumbling might
include elite level standing and/or running passes.
Cuts will be made throughout tryout process, both days.
Final selection of squad members will be posted after scores are tallied at end of
The All-Girl Cheer Squad will have practices during the summer. Attendance is mandatory for squad members.
||Work Week Practices
||August 2015 (one week prior to school start)
Frequently Asked Questions
Get the Answers Here
Bruce Bills, Cheer Coach