Raider Red Tryouts
Raider Red Program Tryouts
The Spirit Program is seeking qualified members within Saddle Tramps and High Riders who have an interest in serving as Raider Red. Members must be in good standing within organization and complete the tryout application and process.
Raider Red serves as Texas Tech's costumed public relations mascot. He shakes hands with fans, poses for pictures, and promotes positive sportsmanship at athletic events and public appearances.
Raider Red attends football, women's soccer, women's volleyball, men's and women's basketball, baseball, and selected other Texas Tech athletic sporting events, with the possibility to travel to post- season games/tournaments.
Serving as Raider Red will be considered a privilege; this is a one-time, yearlong commitment. Time management, responsibility, discipline, and team work are basic essentials for being mascot. Academics are upmost importance and will be priority next to being able to fully serve out Raider Red's duties. Events in your personal life do not take precedence over Texas Tech Spirit Program activities.
Raider Red team members will be required to be in Lubbock during the summer months, winter holiday break, and spring break to be available to attend mandatory events/games. Flexible schedules and having access to Lubbock residence during these time periods is strongly recommended.
Raider Red Benefits
- Serve as Texas Tech's Costume, Public Relations Mascot
- $3,000 Texas Tech Federal Credit Union Leadership Scholarship
- On-Campus Meal Plan
- Provided UnderArmour attire
- Attend weekly Raider Red meetings to review game coverage and appearance requests. Includes coverage for games/appearances over the summer, winter semester break, and spring break.
- Attending football, basketball, volleyball, soccer, & baseball games, public appearances and events.
- Promote Raider Red program on Red's social media accounts.
- Sophomore or higher academic classification with at least one fully active, in good-standing, year within parent organization.
- Maintain overall and semester GPA of 2.5.
- Must be in Lubbock throughout summer with housing and transportation.
- Limited Summer 2017 school to no more than 3 hours per session.
- Employment duties must not interfere with Raider Red activities.
- May not partake in major leadership roles within parent organization for year of service as Raider Red.
Final selection of possible new members will be announced after tryout process concludes.
Once you've read and agree to above duties and requirements, please click below for application.