Careers - Employers
Cooperative Education Programs
Cooperative Education (co-op) is a partnership between the employer, the student and Whitacre College of Engineering. Employers gain the opportunity to recruit and evaluate students early; students gain invaluable job experience and training; and the university builds relationships with companies that help us keep informed on the latest advances in engineering.
How Co-op works
Before deciding if a co-op is right for your company, consider the expectations we have for our co-op partners.
- Provide work experiences related to the student's degree
- Provide appropriate support and evaluation
- Provide a wage appropriate for the skill level of the position
Students typically start a co-op after their sophomore year. Students are encouraged to complete three, one-semester tours with the same company. By alternating semesters at work and at school, students have the opportunity to take on increasing responsibility with each tour. If this schedule does not meet your needs, we can discuss other options.
Being a part of our co-op program has unique advantages for employers.
- Identify, evaluate, and recruit talented students early
- Increase on-campus awareness of your company's culture
- Build a relationship with Texas Tech
Post your cooperative education opportunities quickly and easily using Job Grid.