Cinthia Salinas, M.A.
Cinthia Salinas was born in Monterrey, Mexico and moved to the United States in 2007 to learn English. After living a few years in California and Oregon, Cinthia settled in Midland, Texas. There, she worked as a Bilingual Teacher and in 2013 she was selected Teacher of the Year. After that, Cinthia became an Elementary Math Coach. She earned a Master's degree in Bilingual Education/ESL from the University of Texas of the Permian Basin and after graduating Cinthia worked for UTPB as an Adjunct Professor for the College of Education teaching undergraduate courses in Spanish to future bilingual teachers. In 2016, Cinthia joined the Texas Tech University team as a 2+1 TechTeach Site Coordinator in Odessa, Texas and as an Instructor for the Teacher Education Department. Recently, Cinthia started working on her Ph. D. in Curriculum and Instruction at Texas Tech University.
- Currently working on Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in Language, Diversity, and Literacy Studies, Texas Tech University.
- Master of Arts in Bilingual Education/ESL, University of Texas of the Permian Basin, 2013
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, 2003
Areas of Expertise
- Bilingual Education
- English as a Second Language
- Elementary Math
- TAP Certified
- Bilingual and Special Education Certified