Education plays an important role in the Lubbock economy and social fabric. Texas Tech and the Lubbock Independent School District (LISD) are among the city’s biggest employers.
There are eight public school districts, and several private schools that serve Lubbock County. The public schools, and three charter schools, support 99 campuses that serve almost 47,000 students, 61 percent of them are in LISD.
There are more than 53,000 college students studying at Texas Tech, its sister university, the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock Christian University and at campuses of South Plain College and Wayland Baptist University.
The schools and universities also provide a variety of sporting and entertainment options for every taste.
More about K-12 education
- Lubbock Independent School District
- Lubbock County School Districts
- Lubbock Christian Schools
- Trinity Christian Schools
- All Saints Episcopal School
- Christ the King Cathedral School
- Southcrest Christian School
- Kingdom Preparatory Academy
- Liberty Learning Center
- Texas Tech University Independent School District
- Lubbock Home School News
More about higher education