Information for Out-of-State Students
- Texas is the second largest state in the United States in terms of both population and land area.
- The Texas economy is the 9th largest when compared to the nations of the world.
- 50 Fortune 500 companies are headquartered in Texas.
- U.S. corporate executives continually rank Texas as the best state for business.
- The cost of living in Texas is below the nation's average and Lubbock is in the top 10 of most affordable cities to live in Texas.
- Texas offers the best of city and country lifestyles with each place presenting a unique Texas experience. Home to hundreds of barbecue restaurants, wineries, live music venues, and museums, Texas is full of memorable activities.
- The Lone Star State has 81 state parks, 191,000 miles of rivers and streams, 367 miles of coastline and more than 70 working ranches. Not to mention our renowned sporting events, with top college and professional teams.
- Check out more Texas bragging rights.
Texas Tech University is a place you can call home with over 40,000 of your closest friends that are from every state in the United States and over 100 other countries around the world. You'll find a friendly and welcoming atmosphere that is reminiscent of the famous West Texas hospitality. The more than 250,000 Lubbock residents love Texas Tech students and we know you'll love Lubbock too. It is truly the perfect-sized college town, but what makes Texas Tech truly amazing is the residential college experience that you'll get here. As part of the Red Raider family, you will create memories that will last a lifetime all while earning a degree at one of the nation's top 100 public universities that will prepare you for any future endeavor.
Here, we continue to invest in Red Raiders and we value the many contributions that you can make to our community both inside and outside the classroom. Texas Tech is among the Top 150 Best Value Colleges by Forbes, which means you will experience a higher return on investment through employment rates that are among the best in the nation including lower than average student-debt.
As a non-resident student, if you are awarded at least $1,000 in competitive scholarships from Texas Tech University per academic year, you will qualify for an out-of-state tuition waiver.
The Competitive Scholarship Waiver allows you as a non-resident students to invest in your future at one of the most affordable prices in the country.
- A tuition waiver is applied to your account after course registration to reflect in-state tuition.
- This tuition waiver will be applied each academic year a competitive scholarship of at least $1,000 is awarded.
- Scholarships will then be applied to your account balance after the tuition waiver is applied.
- Other than accepting your scholarship award(s), no other steps are needed to secure this tuition waiver.
Note: The estimated cost of attendance displayed on your Raiderlink portal is based on your residency and will not update to reflect the tuition waiver. You will see the Competitive Scholarship Tuition Waiver applied to your account 10 days before the payment due date. Check your TTU email for bill notifications and updates.
Meet the Team
You don't always have to travel to Lubbock to learn more about Texas Tech University!
You can find us right in your back yard. With staff members located around the country,
we're ready to help you out wherever you are!
|Name||Areas of Recruitment||Contact|
|Jennifer Mauppin||Regional Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Jen Miller||Lead Admissions Counselor -
Colorado & New Mexico
|April Tipton||Lead Admissions Counselor -
California & Arizona
For all other states, find your admissions counselor here!
Upcoming Regional Events
For Students Applying Soon
Learn about admission, living on campus, campus life, and financial aid & scholarships.
Feel free to ask questions during the presentation to get real-time answers! All virtual
meetings use Zoom.
For Admitted Students
As an admitted student to Texas Tech University, we've planned in-person & virtual
events for you to connect with Texas Tech this Spring. Hear from current students,
parents, Financial Aid & Scholarships, Housing, your academic college and more!
Financial Aid & Scholarship Appointments
Our financial aid advisors are ready to visit with you and your family in a one-on-one session to discuss your financial aid award or to learn more about how you can afford Texas Tech University. Simply give us a call or send us an email to schedule your appointment!
Individual Virtual Appointments
Schedule a one-on-one meeting with your admissions counselor. Our admissions team
are ready to answer any questions you have about Texas Tech! All virtual meetings