We require a non-refundable application fee of $75 to complete your application.
If you have paid or plan to pay the fee on your application, there is no need to pay again.
If paying with a personal check or cashier's check, please include the applicant's full name and date of birth on the check. Please mail all payments to the following address.
Texas Tech University
Attn: Undergraduate Admissions
Lubbock, TX 79409
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions supports a fee waiver program for qualifying freshman and transfer applicants. The waiver covers the cost of the application fee to Texas Tech University. To qualify, the applicant must demonstrate the application fee presents a significant financial hardship and be one of the following:
- a United States Citizen, or
- a U.S. Permanent Resident, or
- a student identified under Senate Bill 1528 (79th Legislature, 2005) as a resident of Texas.
Texas Tech does not accept ACT, SAT, NACAC, or other outside fee waivers for undergraduate applications.
Selecting a fee waiver on the Common Application does not guarantee your fee will be waived. As stated in the application, all fee waivers will be processed by Texas Tech to determine eligibility and individuals who do not qualify for a waiver will be responsible for payment of the application fee.
Under this fee waiver program, the following applicants are ineligible for a fee waiver and are required to pay the application or reactivation fee.
- Academic Fresh Start Applicants
- International Applicants
- Returning Former Tech Applicants
- Second-Degree Applicants
- Visiting Transient/Non-Degree Applicants
Full-time TTU/TTUHSC staff and faculty, including spouses and dependents, applying as undergraduate students at Texas Tech University may qualify for the TTU Undergraduate Staff/Faculty Fee Waiver. Please review the Staff/Faculty Fee Waiver Form for more details.
Qualifying applicants may request a fee waiver by submitting their application via applytexas.org and when prompted for payment, select "Request for Fee Waiver."
Applicants will then submit documentation to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to verify their eligibility via one of the following options listed below:
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
On the FAFSA application, list Texas Tech University by entering the FICE code 003644 under school information.
Each applicant is different and unique; therefore, eligibility requirements differ between traditional freshman, non-traditional freshman, and transfer applicants. The following is a brief explanation of each applicant type and the eligibility requirements through the FAFSA:
- A traditional freshman applicant is a current High School Senior. Each applicant must demonstrate their family's income is equal to or less than the Income Eligibility Guidelines for National School Lunch Program.
Income Eligibility Guidelines
|Household Size||Total Income|
Add $8,288 for each additional person over 6.
Source: USDA Food & Nutrition Service
A non-traditional freshman applicant is a high school graduate that has not attended a college or university. A transfer applicant is a student that has attempted/earned college credit from a college or university post-high school. Non-traditional freshman & transfer applicants must have an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) of zero dollars ($0), as calculated by FAFSA.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic award year of 2021-2022 opens Oct. 1, 2020. 2021-2022 FAFSA information will be made available to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions approximately Nov. 1, 2020 for fee waiver review.
For applicants requesting a fee waiver prior to Nov. 1, 2020, proceed to option 2.
Submit the Texas Tech Application Fee Waiver Request Form.
In conjunction with the Texas Tech Application Fee Waiver Request form, applicants
must submit supporting documentation. The following are the approved documentation
options. Submit the correct supporting documentation based on your current circumstance.
- I am a current high school senior, and my family's total income is at or below the
federal economic index for free/reduced lunch eligibility.
- Provide a copy of your family's 2019 tax return, pages 1 & 2. The title of the necessary tax form will be Form 1040 U.S Individual Income Tax Return.
- I am a current high school senior who is Homeless/an Unaccompanied Youth.
- Provide a letter from your high school district's Homeless Liaison that verifies this status.
- I am homeless.
- Provide a letter from the current homeless shelter that verifies this status.
- My family and I receive public assistance (SNAP, TANF, WIC, etc.).
- Provide a current copy of the formal award letter from the public assistance agency.
- I live in subsidized public housing.
- Provide a current copy of the formal housing letter from the public housing agency.
- I am a person who is deaf.
- Provide a copy of the certification by the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services or the Office for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services.
- I am a person who is blind.
- Provide a copy of the certification by the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services or the Division for Blind Services.
- I was adopted/in foster care under the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
- Provide a copy of your waiver from the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
- I am a current high school senior, and my family's total income is at or below the federal economic index for free/reduced lunch eligibility.
Failure to provide the correct documentation will delay the review of the fee waiver request. Submission of the Texas Tech Application Fee Waiver Request Form does not guarantee approval. All documentation must be attached to the Texas Tech Application Fee Waiver Form.
Please send the completed form and all supporting documentation to our office via mail, fax or email:
Texas Tech University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Lubbock, TX 79409-5005
Have questions or need assistance? Our staff is here to help.
2500 Broadway, West Hall Room 100
Lubbock, TX 79409-5005