For Undergraduate Applicants
We require a non-refundable application fee of $75 to complete your application.
If you have paid or plan to pay the fee on your ApplyTexas application, there is no
need to pay again.
If paying with personal check or cashier's check, please include applicant's full name and date of birth on check. Please mail the check to the following address.
Texas Tech University
Attn: Undergraduate Admissions
PO Box 45005
Lubbock, TX 79409
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions supports a fee waiver program for qualifying freshman and transfer applicants. The waiver covers the cost of the application fee to Texas Tech University. To qualify, the applicant must demonstrate the application fee presents a significant financial hardship and be one of the following:
- a United States Citizen, or
- a U.S. Permanent Resident, or
- a student identified under Senate Bill 1528 (79th Legislature, 2005) as a resident of Texas.
Texas Tech does not accept ACT, SAT, NACAC, or other outside fee waivers for undergraduate applications.
Under this fee waiver program, the following applicants are ineligible for a fee waiver and are required to pay the application or reactivation fee.
- International Applicants
- Returning Former Tech Applicants
- Second-Degree Applicants
- Visiting Transient/Non-Degree Applicants
Full-time TTU/TTUHSC staff and faculty, including spouses and dependents, applying as undergraduate students at Texas Tech University may qualify for the TTU Undergraduate Staff/Faculty Fee Waiver. Please review the Staff/Faculty Fee Waiver Form for more details.
An application must be received before a fee waiver can be applied. Qualifying applicants may request a fee waiver by submitting their application via goapplytexas.org, commonapp.org. When prompted for a payment, please select the fee waiver request option to allow the application to be submitted.
Selecting a fee waiver on the application does not guarantee your fee will be waived. As stated in the application, all fee waivers will be processed by Texas Tech to determine eligibility. Individuals who do not qualify for a waiver will be responsible for payment of the application fee.
Applicants will submit documentation to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to verify their eligibility. Click the applicable tab below to view next steps and requirements.
Submit the Texas Tech Application Fee Waiver Request Form and supporting documentation electronically on RaiderConnect. The form will not be available until your application has been received by our office.
If you are unable to access RaiderConnect, you may download a copy of the formhere. The form will not be available until your application has been received by our office.
In conjunction with the Texas Tech Application Fee Waiver Request form, applicants must submit supporting documentation. Failure to provide the correct supporting documentation will delay the review of the fee waiver request.
All documentation must be attached to the Texas Tech Application Fee Waiver Form, and submission of this request does not guarantee approval. The following are the approved documentation options. Submit the correct supporting documentation based on your current circumstance.
- I am a current high school senior, and my family's total income is at or below the federal economic index for the National
School Lunch Program.
- Provide a copy of your family's 2022 tax return, pages 1 & 2. The title of the necessary tax form will be Form 1040 U.S Individual Income Tax Return.
- I am a current high school senior who is Homeless/an Unaccompanied Youth.
- Provide a letter from your high school district's Homeless Liaison that verifies this status.
- I am homeless.
- Provide a letter from the current homeless shelter that verifies this status.
- My family and I receive public assistance (SNAP, TANF, WIC, etc.).
- Provide a current copy of the formal award letter from the public assistance agency.
- I live in subsidized public housing.
- Provide a current copy of the formal housing letter from the public housing agency.
- I am a person who is deaf.
- Provide a copy of the certification by the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services or the Office for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services.
- I am a person who is blind.
- Provide a copy of the certification by the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services or the Division for Blind Services.
- I was adopted from/placed in foster care under the Texas Department of Family and
- Provide a copy of your state college tuition & fee waiver from the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
- I am a current high school senior, and my family's total income is at or below the federal economic index for the National School Lunch Program.
Please send the completed form and all supporting documentation to our office via mail, fax or email:
Texas Tech University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Lubbock, TX 79409-5005
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.gov/.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic award year of 2024-2025 opens in December, 2023. 2024-2025 FAFSA information will be made available to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions approximately December, 2023, for fee waiver review.
To list Texas Tech University on the FAFSA application, enter the FICE code 003644 under school information.
Each applicant is different and unique; therefore, eligibility requirements differ between traditional freshmen, non-traditional freshmen, and transfer applicants. The following is a brief explanation of each applicant type and the eligibility requirements through FAFSA:
- A traditional freshman applicant is a current High School Senior. Each applicant must have an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) of $0 or demonstrate their family's income is equal to or less than the Income Eligibility Guidelines for National School Lunch Program.
Income Eligibility Guidelines
|Household Size||Total Income|
Add $9,509 for each additional person over 6.
Source: USDA Food & Nutrition Service
Non-Traditional Freshman & Transfers
- A non-traditional freshman applicant is a high school graduate that has not attended a college or university.
- A transfer applicant is a student that has attempted/earned college credit from a college or university post-high school.
Both non-traditional freshman & transfer applicants must have an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) of zero dollars ($0), as calculated by FAFSA.
Failure to provide the correct documentation will delay the review of the fee waiver request. Submission of the Texas Tech Application Fee Waiver Request Form does not guarantee approval. All documentation must be attached to the Texas Tech Application Fee Waiver Form.
Have questions or need assistance? Our staff is here to help.