Get started with a powerful programming language
26 May - 25 August 2022
Python is a simple yet powerful programming language that can help with a range of projects, from data science to cybersecurity and beyond.
Python is being adopted by developers worldwide. It's already a popular resource, and every day it is growing more useful.
Why is Python so popular? Here are just some of the reasons:
- It is relatively easy to learn and use.
- You can use it for any computing task you want--it's that powerful.
- It's open-source and has millions of supportive developers.
- It's portable--run it on any platform without adjustments.
When you are proficient at computing with Python, your job expands and your options increase.
You don't have to become a full-time developer to carry out projects in Python. It will come in handy whether you want to conduct data analysis, test software, use machine learning, or pursue another computing-related goal.
If you want to increase your computing power for a range of projects, find out more about Texas Tech University's Python course.
- Duration: Thursday evenings from 6-9 pm, May 26 to August 25, 2022
- Mode of instruction: Live, online. You will spend class time learning new concepts through presentations, working through examples, and carrying out individual exercises. You will also be expected to complete assigned homework.
- Language of instruction: English. Check your English proficiency with this free exam: https://www.examenglish.com/leveltest/index.php. You should earn a grade of A2 or better.
- Prerequisites: Programming experience is helpful but not necessary.
- Evaluation: Your participation will be evaluated based on class attendance (90%) and homework (10%).
- Course materials: You can download the software used in this class for personal use at no cost.
- Price: $1000 + IVA
An ability to work with Python is also a prerequisite for the Certificate in Machine Learning.
This course will not be offered again this year, and seats are limited. Contact us today.
Professor Karl Bandilla
Karl Bandilla is an environmental engineer who researches the management of groundwater resources. He holds a Ph.D. in environmental engineering from the State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo. He has conducted research at SUNY, the United States Environmental Protection Agency, and Princeton University. He currently teaches at Texas Tech University-Costa Rica and conducts research related to groundwater resources in Costa Rica.