For questions about graduation, please refer to the links below. If you have specific questions about your degree requirements for graduation, please contact your advising staff.
- Commencement - General information regarding Texas Tech University commencement ceremony, regalia, maps, parking, and FAQs.
- Caps & Gowns
- Commencement Invitations
- Commencement Photographs
- Commencement Dates
Important Notes Regarding Commencement
- File graduation confirmation immediately (if not already submitted).
- Log into Raiderlink
- Click the MyTech Tab
- Under Action Items (middle of page), select Undergraduate: Confirmation of Graduation
- All information regarding Texas Tech University's Commencement is sent to TTU email addresses only, no exceptions.
- RSVP to commencement upon receiving notification from email@example.com or Marching Order email. If you do not plan to attend, there is no need to RSVP.
Please be aware you will not be able to attend if you have not RSVP'd.
- IMPORTANT: Print your GradPass from your RSVP notification to ensure you have it available at commencement so your information will be read as you walk the stage.
- We will host a graduation celebration for students graduating in December and May immediately following commencement. You will receive information regarding this closer to commencement, so watch for that email. This is a time to celebrate your accomplishments and pick up your diploma. If your diploma is not picked up by the week after commencement, it will be mailed to the address you provided on your graduation confirmation. Diplomas will automatically be mailed to August graduates.
- Ensure you check the program draft included in our “COHS Graduation- Info and Action Items” emails, as we will not reprint diplomas for inaccurate name information. Name must be your legal name. This can also be updated/submitted through the graduation confirmation.
- Please complete the First Destination Survey found here. This helps us track what our graduates are pursuing next. When you share your plans through the survey, you are entered into a chance to win giveaways.
Foreign Language requirement – Met by official documentation of 2 years of high school foreign language credit (same language – official transcript required) or 2 semesters of college foreign language credit (same language – shown as credit on college transcript). Under specific conditions, CLEP scores may be accepted.
Honors – To be eligible for honors, students must have completed a minimum of 48 hours at Texas Tech University. The required 48 hours must be completed prior to a student's final term for the honor to be printed in the Commencement Program, no exceptions. An honors designation is calculated based on PURE TTU GPA, which includes all grades, even replacements.
- CUM LAUDE 3.5 – 3.69
- MAGNA CUM LAUDE 3.7 – 3.89
- SUMMA CUM LAUDE 3.9 – 4.0
If end-of-term grades change your pure TTU GPA, thereby affecting your honor status, the honor status will be updated in the online Commencement Program and shown accordingly during commencement.
Pure GPA – Follow the steps below to find your Pure GPA
- Step 1: Go to “Raiderlink.ttu.edu”
- Step 2: Click “My Student Dashboard”
- Step 3: Click “My Enrollment”
- Step 4: Click on “My Course Summary”
- Step 5: Check your Pure GPA (note: you may need to scroll to the right)
Notification of Honors – letters will be sent via TTU email one month prior to commencement. This letter will allow you to purchase your honor cord at the Lubbock Campus Bookstore. Honor Cords will also be available prior to commencement at check-in.
For questions, contact your academic advisor here.