Texas Tech University

Interior and Environmental Design

Financial Resources

Financial assistance is available from a number of sources on campus. A partial listing of assistance and information is as follows. To qualify for a graduate assistantship and/or scholarship, the student must be admitted to a degree program in the department.

Fellowship and Scholarships

Graduate students are encouraged to stay well-informed of sources of information on university scholarships. As a general rule, the graduate school accepts applications early in the spring semester for awards for the upcoming academic year. Applicants do not have to be officially admitted to a TTU graduate program when applying for our scholarships. Additionally, applying to the Graduate School does not automatically qualify you for our scholarships - you will need to fill out the online application. For more details, please check the listing of our scholarship including award amount and duration and eligibility requirements at the Graduate School website:  http://www.depts.ttu.edu/gradschool/funding/.  

Graduate Assistantships

For graduate assistantships including graduate research or teaching assistantships, applications may be submitted at any time and will be considered when vacancies occur. Priority will be given to graduate students with prior industry, teaching, or research experience. A copy of the application form may be found in the department of design graduate programs website.

Teaching or Research Assistants, Graduate Instructors (part-time), and their dependents.

Texas Law provides that nonresident teaching or research assistants, graduate part-time instructors, and their spouses or children are entitled to register and pay fees required for Texas residents. This exemption is extended only to those assistants appointed at least one-half time and remunerated at a rate established by the Provost that relates to the student's degree program.

A teaching assistant is defined as a graduate student employed in support of the teaching mission of the unit who is responsible for, or in charge of, a class or class section or laboratory section.

A research assistant is defined as a graduate student employed in support of the research mission of the unit.

A graduate assistant is defined as a graduate student in an institution of higher education employed in support of a department or unit responsible for work assigned by the supervisor within the unit or department, which utilizes knowledge beyond undergraduate academic studies.

Financial Aid

For financial aid, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid for other scholarship, grant and loan opportunities, Ask Raider Red, or phone (806) 742-3681 to speak with a financial aid Adviser. Graduate students may borrow up to $20,500 annually in the Federal Direct Loan Program and may borrow up to the total cost of education less any other financial aid through the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan Program. Be sure to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for grant consideration. Information regarding loan application is available at http://www.depts.ttu.edu/financialaid/.

Department of Design