Department of Design Scholarships
Undergraduate Scholarship Information
The Department of Design, in conjunction with the College of Human Sciences, offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate scholarships of different amounts. In order for a student to receive a scholarship from the Department of Design, it is a requirement of the College of Human Sciences that the student completes an undergraduate scholarship application via the university's scholarship websites and provides additional documentation (see application check list).
How to Apply
- Undergraduate Application Form: http://www.scholarships.ttu.edu/
For undergraduate applicants, you will be prompted to different options, click on the appropriate application:
- Entering First-Year Student Scholarship Application
- Transfer Student Scholarship Application
- International Students
- Current Student Scholarship Application
You will also see a heading titled, “Other Scholarships” where students can apply for private or third party scholarships, special scholarships, merit based scholarships, college and departmental scholarships.
Deadlines for Applications
- Important dates and deadlines for first-year students, transfer students, and current students can be found at this website.
- General University scholarships are awarded by the Financial Aid Office. Need-based awarding begins in early March. It is best for students to submit their FAFSA or renewal FAFSA as soon as they have their family's tax information.
In addition to your application, you must have on file at TTU:
- Official Transcript(s).
- Scores on the A.C.T. or S.A.T. (prospective first-year students). Other applicants should furnish a cumulative GPA.
- Official TTU Transcript*
- Current graduate students should furnish a cumulative GPA.
Selection of Recipients
Once the General Scholarship Application is completed by the required deadline, the recipients are selected by the Department of Design scholarship committee. While evaluation is based on the criteria set for the specific award, most awards include: scholarship, excellence, achievement in academic and non-academic areas, leadership, character, seriousness of purpose and/or need. Failure to provide promptly all information requested could result in disqualification of the application.
Check your TTU email account for notification of scholarship awards.
For more detailed criteria for each of the above listed scholarships, contact the Department of Design at (806) 834-5590 or email Cindy Villegas (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Entering First-Year Students and Transfer Students Scholarships
High-achieving entering first-year students and transfer students are encouraged to apply for Guaranteed Scholarships from the College of Human Sciences. Incoming first-year students and first-time transfer students who meet the college merit requirements and apply to TTU by December 1 for first-year students and by March 1 for transfer students are guaranteed to receive a scholarship.