Master of Science in Environmental Design
Texas Tech University offers a nationally recognized Environmental Design master's degree program that continues to earn prominent recognition by top environmental design organizations across the nation.
M.S. Concentration in Apparel Design
Promote your ideas, creativity, and career with our Environmental Design master's degree.
Your talent has room to grow in Texas Tech University's Master of Science in Environmental Design program. Our concentration in the Environmental Design Master's Program features opportunities for students interested in Apparel Design.
Students and faculty in our Environmental Design master's degree program have won national awards and published their work in top academic journals. Our environmental design graduate school has earned recognition from the Smithsonian Institution, Environmental Design Research Association, International Academy for Design and Health, and other prominent environmental design organizations.
Working alongside leading scholars and innovators, you will earn an environmental design master's degree that prepares you to take the next step professionally and academically.
Texas Tech's environmental design master's degree program stands out for its:
- Award-winning faculty. Most of our faculty combine Ph.D.s with years of professional experience in commercial design, residential design, healthcare design, or another environmental design specialties.
- Specialized expertise. Texas Tech has earned widespread attention for environmental design innovations to accommodate elderly, disabled, and mentally challenged populations.
- International diversity. You will work alongside environmental design students and faculty from the United States, India, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
- Professional connections. The environmental design department's advisory board of alumni and practicing environmental designers provides a built-in network to support your professional development.
- Publication opportunities. Because Texas Tech has a reputation for forward-thinking environmental design research, journal editors welcome submissions from our students and faculty. Our department has placed papers recently with the International Journal of Design Principles and Practices, Health Environment Research & Design Journal, Intelligent Buildings International, and Journal of Environmental Psychology.
Focus Our Environmental Design Master's Degree on Your Interests
Texas Tech's Environment Design master's degree program culminates in an independent capstone project on a subject of special interest to you.
This two-course sequence begins with an in-depth literature review on an environmental design topic of your choosing. In the second course, you will create a design solution that is based on the research from your literature review.
The capstone project enables you to demonstrate a wide range of skills, including creativity, problem-solving, writing, and design. You will end up with a strong portfolio piece that advance your professional standing in architecture, environmental design, historic restoration, or another specialized field. You also will have a body of work to share with potential employers or Ph.D. program admissions counselors.
Environmental Design Career Opportunities
Graduates of Texas Tech's environmental design master's degree program have an outstanding record of professional and academic success. After completing your Master of Science in Environmental Design, you will find professional opportunities in fields such as:
- Interior design
- Environmental design
- Commercial design
- Healthcare design
- Residential design
- Historic preservation and renovation