Master of Science in Nutritional Sciences
Our Master's degree in Nutritional Sciences prepares you to make a real difference in the health of others.
If you seek opportunities to address real-world challenges in nutritional science, look no further than Texas Tech University.
Our Master's Degree in Nutritional Sciences provides you with specialized clinical and research experience. You will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in research at some of the nation's most advanced nutritional sciences laboratories.
- Learn from award-winning nutritional sciences faculty whose work has drawn attention from CNN, The New York Times, and other major media outlets.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research that integrates nutritional sciences with fields including biology, psychology, genetics, and public policy.
- Build collaborative relationships with faculty and other graduate students to develop your learning and expand your professional network.
You will graduate with a master's degree in nutritional sciences that prepares you to continue your studies in a premiere doctoral program, or to begin your career.
Earn a Nutritional Sciences Master's Degree In a Supportive Environment
Texas Tech encourages nutritional sciences master's degree students to address practical challenges. You will have the opportunity to focus your master's degree studies on any aspect of nutritional sciences that interests you. Students and faculty in our nutritional sciences master's degree program have conducted research on:
- Community nutrition
- International nutrition
- Food insecurity
- Nutritional biochemistry
- Drug development
- Behavioral influences on nutrition and diet
In addition, our nutritional sciences master's degree program offers extensive clinical experience. You will get direct, first-hand interaction with patients and clients, advocating for personal choices, public policies, and agency programs that support healthy nutrition throughout the population. This experience will not only strengthen your resume, but also sharpen your communication skills, cultural sensitivity, and proficiency for teamwork to help you excel as a researcher, clinician, or educator.
Career Benefits of a Nutritional Sciences Master's Degree
Nutrition has become a high priority worldwide, with growing influence in health care, education, public policy, sports science, food services, and other industries. Our master's degree in nutritional sciences presents marketable, highly sought expertise.
You will qualify for advanced positions with many types of employers, including:
- Research laboratories
- Drug manufacturers
- Food service companies
- Hospitals and nursing homes
- Long-term care facilities
- Extension services
Texas Tech offers an online master's program option for Registered Dietitians/Nutritionists. The flexibility of this online degree program allows you to earn your advanced degree in dietetics through distance education without interrupting your family and work responsibilities.
For more information about the Master's Degree in Nutritional Sciences
Request Information Online
Contact the Graduate Advisor
- Name: Dr. Wilna Oldewage-Theron
- Phone: (806) 834-0567