TTU K-12 Provides:
- free online full-time course enrollments funded by the State of Texas
- free registration for TTU K-12 Diploma Program
- free access to online or print textbooks for courses
- student computer with minimum technology requirements
- reliable, high-speed internet access
- graphing calculator for math courses
- general school supplies, including spiral notebooks, pens, pencils, and highlighters
- commonly available household supplies for specialty courses, such as art and science
Potential Students:If you are applying to TTU K-12's tuition-free program and are a Texas resident:
Enrollment in the Texas resident tuition-free program is limited. State law requires that we conduct a lottery to select students for existing admission slots each semester. The fall lottery is held prior to the beginning of each new school year, which begins in August/September. The second lottery, which begins in January, is for spring/mid-year transfers. During each lottery, students are admitted until the pre-established enrollment cap is reached. Enrollment between lotteries may become available and is subject to available space.
- You will need a birth certificate, proof of Texas residency, and an unofficial transcript to submit your application*. You will not be entered into the lottery unless this required information is provided.
- Homeschool students must also provide a transcript and will be required to take Credit By Exams for grade placement.
Tuition-Free Application and Lottery Information
TTU K-12 conducts two enrollment lotteries per academic year. The fall lottery is held prior to the beginning of each new school year, which begins in August. The second lottery is for spring/mid-year transfers, which begins in January. During each lottery students are admitted until the preestablished enrollment cap is reached.
- 1st Semester: The lottery will be held on June 30th.
- 2nd Semester: The lottery will be held on December 1st.
Tuition-Free Course Enrollment
TTU K-12 provides flexibility for families. However, due to requirements from the Texas Education Agency regarding state STAAR testing, we follow a general academic calendar year in our tuition-free program:
- 1st Semester: Course enrollments open August 1. Courses can begin any time in the August 1-31 calendar window. We encourage students to get started as early as possible to maximize success and to take breaks from school. Courses should be completed by January 15.
- 2nd Semester: Course enrollments open December 15. Courses can begin during the December 15 – January 31 calendar window. Courses should be completed by June 30.
Required 2023-2024 STAAR/EOC Testing Dates:
(Note: You will be contacted by TTU K-12 Staff with a designated testing site. Students will be required to travel to the nearest testing site available.)
- Fall EOC:
- December 5, 7: English I, II
- December 5 - 15: Biology, Algebra I, US History
- Spring EOC:
- April 2, 4: English I, II
- April 30 - May 10: Biology, Algebra I, US History
- Spring STAAR:
- May 2 - 17: Grade 8 Science
- May 3 - 17: Grade 8 Social Studies
- May 7 - 17: Grades 3-8 Mathematics, Grades 3-8 Reading, Grade 5 Science
- Summer EOC:
- June 18 - 28: Algebra I, Biology, US History
- June 18, 20: English I, II
- If you have already enrolled and are in good standing, no reapplication is required. You are automatically admitted for the next academic year.
- Applications will be evaluated as they are submitted, and you will be notified about your status. You may apply at any time.
- All admissions are subject to enrollment limits as determined by grade level.
- If enrollment limits are reached, a lottery drawing will be held on July 1 and December 1 to select students for admission.
- Enrollments in our tuition-paid program can occur at any time, as long space permits.
For the TTU K-12 Student Handbook, Code of Conduct and other important information,visit our Student Resources page.