Requirements for TTU K-12 Tuition-Free Academic Program
Application and Enrollment
- An all-online program must be consistent with your academic needs.
- You must have access to computer hardware that meets minimum requirements, as well as reliable internet access.
- You must submit a birth certificate and proof of Texas residency.
- You are required to take the designated STAAR/EOC exams for your grade level.
- You will need a designated Learning Coach. Your parent/guardian, or another responsible adult, will work with your teachers to monitor progress, lesson mastery, and review student work.
- In your all-online program, attendance “will” be defined as progress within each semester course.
- You will have six months to complete each semester course.
- You must maintain enrollment in a minimum of four semester courses.
- You must make weekly progress in each course by working in each course a minimum of three days per 7-day period.
- You must complete a minimum of 5% of course assignments in every seven-day period. For example, if your course has 20 assignments, you need to complete a minimum of one per week. If your course has 60 assignments, you must average a minimum of three per week.
- Please note:
- Completing the minimum number of assignments does not guaranteed you will complete within the 6-month time frame.
- Completing the minimum number of assignments and courses may not maintain your appropriate grade level or anticipated graduation date.
- If your progress is adequate, your parent may request “vacation” days.
- Extensions are not available, so you must schedule your weekly progress to complete the minimum of four courses during the 6-month period.
- Failure to meet minimum progress requirements may cause TTU K-12 to implement truancy processes and may result in your removal from the program.