TTU K-12 Portal - Teacher FAQs
How do I access the TTU K-12 Portal?
The new TTU K-12 Portal is a single-sign-on system. You will be able to access your courses regardless of which LMS they are currently in. Please log into the LMS using the "Go To Course" button (see instructions below). Do not log directly into the LMS login screen.
Open a Web browser and navigate to https://portal.ttuk12.ttu.edu
From the login screen as shown below, enter your username and password and click "Log in".
After successfully logging into the portal, you will be taken to your dashboard. The dashboard is your starting point into managing students, your profile, and accessing courses.
How do I view my active courses?
There are two ways to view your active courses:
1. From the Dashboard screen, click on "View Details" within the active courses widget.
2. On the left-hand menu, expand "View Courses" by clicking and selecting "Active" to view the active courses, otherwise, you may click and select "Inactive" to view such courses.
***The "Active" course list will have enrollments from the Blackboard LMS.
***The "Inactive" course list will have enrollments from the Moodle or Moodlerooms LMS.
***Moodle and Moodlerooms enrollments are considered "Inactive" because the Moodle and Moodlerooms LMS is being phased out and will not receive any new enrollments moving forward.
From the "My Active Courses" page, you can use the buttons on the grid to either 1) View Enrollments for the course, or 2) Go to the course within the Learning Management System.
How do I view my active students?
The fastest way to view all your active students is to click on "View Details" within the Active Enrollments widget on the Dashboard.
The second way to view active students is to click on "View Students" on the left-hand menu, fill out the search criteria and click "Search" to submit the request.
From the "All Students" page, you can use the buttons on the grid to either 1) Grade the student, or 2) View the student's information.
How do I find a specific student?
The fastest way to find a specific student is to use the "Student Search" box located at the top of the left-hand menu. You can enter first name, last name, or student ID into the box and click the search icon.
The "Student Search Results" screen allows you to use the buttons on the grid to 1) Grade the student, or 2) View the student's information. You may also use the filter to narrow your search results.
How do I certify the final grade for a student?
Click on "Awaiting Certification List" from the left-hand menu of your screen.
There could be several reasons a student may not show up in this list or you are not able to certify their grade.
- During high-traffic times, there may be a delay in the grade coming over from the LMS. If this occurs after 48 hours from the time you graded it in the LMS, please submit a ticket.
- The student may be missing an assignment or a portion of an assignment. Please review their grade book and see if anything is missing. If nothing is missing, please put in a ticket and it will be addressed.
- The student may have a Print-based CBE or Print-based Course. We have a pending update to the Portal to allow certification of Print-based items. Until it is implemented, please submit Print-based Final Grades via the Paper Faculty Grade Sheet. All other online courses should use the online certification method.
- [UPDATED] The student may have failed the Set A final exam which is preventing the online certification from being completed. This issue was fixed in the recent update. Any enrollments that we there before the update must be submitted via the Paper Faculty Grade Sheet. Any new enrollments following the update should be completed using the online certification method.
- The student's enrollment may be expired. You should be able to certify an enrollment even if it is expired. If you are not, please place a ticket and we will correct it.
From the "Final Grade Certification Needed" page, you can select the student you want to certify by 1) Clicking on the "Grade Student" button, or 2) Search for a specific student by entering the student's name into the "Filter" textbox.
Once a specific student is found using the "Filter" textbox, click on the "Grade Student" button to go to the next screen.
The last steps to grade certification are to verify the Assignment Average, Final Exam, and Final Course Grade match what is in the LMS and check the "I certify the final grade as submitted through this form" and entering any relevant administrative comments in the "Comments" textbox before clicking "Save". These optional messages are not visible to the student and should only contain administrative messages. Example: Notes on why a student received a grade override, or if there was plagiarism, etc.
Finally, a message appears that indicates the student's enrollment is marked as complete and the final grade will appear on the student's record.
How do I access the course within the Learning Management System?
To access a course from with the TTU K-12 Portal, go to your active course list and on the grid, you will find a button next to the course named "Go To Course". This button will appear next to courses that are in an online Learning Management System (LMS) such as Blackboard, MoodleRooms, or Moodle. Clicking this button will automatically log you into the LMS where you can access the course. The new Portal is a single-sign-on system. You will be able to access your courses regardless of which LMS they are currently in. Please log into the LMS using the "Go To Course" button. Do not log directly into the LMS login screen.
How do I change my biographical information displayed to students?
Biographical information displayed to students can be updated by clicking on "Manage Info" on the left-hand menu. The "Bio" tab allows you to build your profile information with a photo and adding a biography. If you answer "Yes" to "Publish Info on Web", then your photo and biography will be visible to students and other TTU K-12 portal users. Click the "Save" button to save any changes to the "Bio" tab.
How do I view the employee internal notes that are displayed to the staff?
Internal employee information is notated and displayed to the staff by clicking on "Manage Info" on the left-hand menu. The "Employee" tab shows teacher availability comments, office hours, and best times and ways to communicate with the instructor. Click on the "Save" button to update any changes to your employee information on the TTU K-12 portal.
How do I reset my password on the TTU K-12 portal?
The user profile information is displayed by clicking on your name from the top right-hand menu. A drop-down listing appears, so select the "User Profile" to view portal information including the username, first name, middle name, last name, email address, and last login date/time. Click on the "Reset Password" button to change your password.
After you reset your password a dialog box will appear, and you will be asked to create and confirm your new password.
The rules for creating a new password are:
- passwords must be at least 8 characters long,
- must contain a mix of upper- and lower-case characters,
- have at least 1 numeric character,
- the numeric character must not be at the beginning or the end of the password.
The password change dialog will display a warning message in red until the typed in password meets all the requirements.
How do I contact TTU K-12 student services?
On the left-hand menu, click on "Contact TTU K-12" to view more details.
NOTE: We have received some reports from users regarding the Safari browser. If you encounter issues navigating, viewing content, or uploading files, switch to another browser and try again. To view the Blackboard Support article regarding browser compatibility, click here. Safari for Windows is no longer supported by Apple and no longer offers Safari updates for Windows. Safari 5.1.7 for Windows was the last version made for Windows, and it is now outdated. Windows users should select another browser.