Application and Selection Procedures
The deadline for receipt of all application materials for the 2023-2024 academic year
Friday, November 4, 2022 by 5:00pm (CST)
Our site requires the completion of the AAPI online, which may be accessed at AAPI Online. Please attach 3 letters of reference, Transcripts of all graduate coursework, and Curriculum Vitae.
AAPIC Member Number: 1586
PROGRAM CODE NUMBER: 158611
Applicants should have completed all coursework toward their doctorate in counseling or clinical psychology prior to starting the internship, including at least 350 hours of practicum Intervention experience. Applicants are required to have passed comprehensive exams and to have their dissertation proposal approved by the ranking deadline. Applicants should have previous counseling center experience. The internship site agrees to abide by the APPIC Policy that no person at this training facility will solicit, accept or use any ranking-related information from any intern applicant. APPIC Match Policies
APA Commission on Accreditation contact information:
American Psychological Association
Program Consultation and Accreditation
750 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002-4242
APA Commission on Accreditation Website
Applicants invited to interview will be notified by email by December 2nd and asked to respond with their preference for one of two interview formats (on-site or Zoom). Interview dates are 12/16/2022, 1/6/2023, and 1/9/2023. The format is the same for all types of interviews - rotating interview sessions with small groups of staff and interns. In-person interviews include tour and lunch with staff. Applicants are welcome to contact any staff or intern with questions.
Questions regarding internship training at TTUSCC can be directed to Dr. Moerkbakvia e-mail or phone at 806-742-3674.
Intern Selection Procedures
(the TTUSCC abides by all APPIC policies in its selection procedures)
Written Application Review
- Each application is processed and reviewed by the Training Director to ensure that the applicant's academic program is of sufficient quality to meet the standards of our internship program. Each applicant is then given an Objective Rating by the Training Director based on quantitative information provided by the applicant in the AAPI.
- The application review team is composed of all senior staff and all current interns. Each application is reviewed by 3 people and is given a Subjective Rating on essays and other qualitative information provided in the AAPI.
- A rank list based on review team ratings is compiled. The review team meets to select approximately 24 candidates from the list to invite for interviews. Candidates may be adjusted on the rank list with review team consensus.
- Invited candidates are contacted and invited for either an on-site or Skype interview. They are informed that their choice of interview format will not impact on their final ranking by our site.
- Interviews are conducted in a team format, with candidates rotating through meetings with: 1) Training Director; 2) General Questions Team; 3) Clinical Vignette & Ethical Questions Team; and 4) Current Interns: Staff on the General Questions Team and the Clinical Vignette & Ethical Questions Team complete rating sheets following the interview. The Training Director also gives a rating to each interviewee.
- Candidates are invited to contact current interns for further discussion, if desired.
Final Ranking Process
- Interview ratings are compiled by the Training Director and a rank-order list of candidates is created based on staff ratings.
- Professional staff meet to review rank-order list, and to make any adjustment to the order of candidates or to delete candidates from consideration. These decisions are typically made by group consensus.
- Training Director submits rank-order list to Match Program.
*Updated on 7/18/2022
If you have any questions please call 806.742.3674. To initiate services, please come to our Walk-In Clinic hours. Monday-Friday Monday-Friday 12:30-3:30pm Second floor of the Student Wellness Center, Room 201
Walk-In Clinic Hours (effective July 6, 2021)
(on the corner of Flint Ave. & Main St.)
If you have any questions please call 806.742.3674. To initiate services, please come to our Walk-In Clinic hours.
Second floor of the Student Wellness Center, Room 201
- Note from the Training Director
- Texas Tech University Info
- Diversity Statement
- Training Program
- Training Components
- Optional Rotations
- Weekly Activities
- Current/Past Interns
- Application & Selection Procedures
- Internship, Admissions, Support, and Outcome Data
- Pictures of the Counseling Center