Weekly Intern Activities
Summary of Weekly Activities
Each intern's weekly schedule is carefully designed at the beginning of each semester with input from the training program guidelines, the intern's personal and professional preferences, and the Director of Training. The goal in intern schedule design is to achieve a comfortable blend of activities that reflect both the professional psychologist role and individual professional needs and interests. See below for an hourly breakdown of intern activities. Click HERE for the service delivery guidelines.
- Walk-In Clinic -- 2.0 hrs.
- Clinical Services Hours --18.0 hrs.
- Individual/Couples/Group Therapy; includes Optional Rotation Direct Service Hours.
- Supervision of Trainees --1.5 hrs.
- Outreach Programming -- varies
- After-Hours Crisis Coverage -- varies
Clinical Supervision Provided to the Intern
- Primary Individual Supervision (by licensed psychologist) -- 2.0 hrs.
- Supervision of Supervision -- 1.5 hrs.
- Supervision for Group Therapy -- 0.5 hrs per group.
- Intern Case Conference with Training Director -- 1.0 hrs.
- Optional Rotation Supervision -- varies by rotation.
- So as not to reduce Direct Service hours, rotation supervision time is deducted from Administrative Time.
- Training Seminar -- 2.0 hrs.
- Clinical Issuses Seminar (year round)
- Professional Issuses Seminar (Fall)
- Diversity Seminar (year round)
- Outreach Seminar (year round)
- Diversity Talk / Staff Peer Consultation -- 1.0 hrs.
- Group Consultation / Training Consultation -- 1.0 hrs.
Other Regularly Scheduled Meetings
- Staff Meetings -- 1.0 hrs.
- Individual Meeting with Training Director -- 0.5 hrs.
- May be reduced to accommodate Optional Rotation Supervision -- 8.0 hrs.
TOTAL WEEKLY HOURS 40.00**
* Weekly schedule adjusted as needed to accommodate other professional development
** 40 hour week is approximate and minimum time allotment. Actual weekly time requirements may increase slightly depending on Optional Rotations selected, outreach activities and/or crisis/emergency activities.