Weekly Intern Activities
Our goal in intern schedule design is to achieve a comfortable blend of activities that reflect both the professional psychologist role and individual professional needs and interests. See below for an hourly breakdown of intern activities. Click HERE for the service delivery guidelines.
- Walk-In Clinic -- 2.0 hrs.
- Clinical Services Hours --18.0 hrs.
- Individual/Couples/Group Therapy
- Supervision of Trainees --1.5 hrs.
- After-Hours Crisis Coverage -- varies
Clinical Supervision Provided to the Intern
- Primary Individual Supervision (by licensed psychologist) -- 2.0 hrs.
- Supervision of Supervision -- 1.5 hrs.
- Supervision for Group Therapy -- 0.5 hrs per group.
- Intern Case Conference with Training Director -- 1.0 hrs.
- Training Seminar -- 2.0 hrs.
- Clinical Issuses Seminar (year round)
- Professional Issuses Seminar (Fall)
- Diversity Seminar (year round)
- Outreach Seminar (year round)
- Diversity Talk / Staff Peer Consultation -- 1.0 hrs.
- Group Consultation / Training Consultation -- 1.0 hrs.
Other Regularly Scheduled Meetings and Activities
- Staff Meetings -- 1.0 hrs.
- Individual Meeting with Training Director -- 0.5 hrs.
- Administrative Time8.0 hrs.
TOTAL WEEKLY HOURS 40.00**
* Weekly schedule adjusted as needed to accommodate other professional development
** 40 hour week is approximate and minimum time allotment. Actual weekly time requirements may increase slightly depending on outreach activities and/or crisis/emergency activities.