- Performs personal, vocational, educational, or other counseling or training at the
individual or group level. May assist in the coordination and management of the program.
Work is performed under general supervision with performance based on individual counseling
effectiveness and overall program results obtained.
Clinical Services to Students:
- Provide individual, group, and/or couples therapy to Texas Tech students adhering to the highest standards of professional ethics and with respect for the Individual and University.
- Provide crisis intervention services to students (may include after-hours intervention
- Professional Licensure:Maintain associate's licensure consistent with employee's highest mental health degree on a continual basis throughout employment tenure.
- Other Clinical Responsibilities: Complete all clinical documentation in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Managing Director, Unit Associate Director, or Administrative Supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the application and evaluation of testing and counseling techniques.
- Ability to conceptualize and prioritize goals and objectives.
- Ability to relate to people from all walks of life and communicate effectively with them.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively utilize telehealth technology platforms.
- Bachelor's degree and one year experience in related area. Additional education in a related area may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
- Master's Degree and either Licensed Professional Counselor-Associate or Licenses Marriage and Family Counselor-Associate license.
- Adherence to robust safety practices and compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations are responsibilities of all TTU employees
- Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan by visiting www.depts.ttu.edu/hr/payplan.
For More Information
- Visit Job Posting
- Contact Mary Lauren Taylor via email.
Student Counseling Center
Address201 Student Wellness Center