Massage Chair Precautions
Do not use massage chair if your body is wet and do not operate chair with wet hands.
It is not recommended to use the massage chair for longer than 20 minutes.
Stop operation immediately if you experience any discomfort.
Note: The air massage of your arms and legs can feel a little like having your blood pressure taken. If this is uncomfortable to you, you can turn off these features.
- Consult your physician before use if you:
- Are under medical rest as ordered by a doctor
- Have spinal disorders, an abnormal spinal condition, or have suffered spinal injury
- Have back problems
- Have joint dysfunctions such as rheumatism, hammertoe, or gout
- Have a pacemaker or other electronic medical devices
- May be pregnant
- Have phlebitis or thrombosis
- Have an increased risk for blood clots
- Had recent surgery
- Have surgical pins, screws, or anything mechanical in the legs, ankles, or feet.
Biofeedback and VR Precautions
If you or any of your relatives have a history of seizures or epilepsy, consult a doctor before using Virtual Reality.
Some people are susceptible to epileptic seizures or loss of consciousness when exposed to certain flashing lights or light patterns. If you experience any of the following symptoms, immediately discontinue use and consult your physician:
Dizziness; blurred vision; eye or muscle twitches; loss of consciousness; disorientation; any involuntary movement or convulsion.
Persons with Panic Disorder or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder should consult their physician or mental health professional prior to using biofeedback programs. If you have a heart condition, diabetes, or a respiratory condition such as asthma, and you experience unpleasant physical symptoms during use, discontinue use immediately and consult your physician.
While the programs available and skills learned in the MINDSPA are believed to be safe and to have low-risk for harm, you may want to check with your doctor or mental health professional before using the MINDSPA if you have:
· Severe or unstable medical illness, including heart conditions and asthma
· Disorders involving severe, unstable autonomic nervous system or endocrine/metabolic functions (e.g., diabetes)
· Significant psychological disorder (e.g., schizophrenia, panic disorder, mania, major depression, paranoia, severe obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder)
· Severe memory, attention or neurological conditions (e.g., seizures)
Persons with heart irregularities may be unable to successfully use the biofeedback programs. Additionally, you are encouraged to seek medical and/or psychological treatment if your symptoms have not been evaluated.