Challenge 7: "How Far, How Fast?"
In this weekly challenge, students will learn to use their robots to measure distance and velocity. Students will learn that adjusting motor rotation, motor power, and time values will affect distance and velocity in several different ways.
Expected Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the relation of motor rotations to forward motion
- Understand the relation of motor power and forward motion
- Experience making educated predictions when adjusting variables
- Experience measuring distance traveled and elapsed time
- One charged LEGO NXT/EV3 kit and computer with software installed
- Tape (electric tape, masking tape, or something similar) to draw lines on floor
- Ruler or tape measure
- Stop watch
Approximate Time Needed:
- 45 minutes to one hour
CLICK HERE for the Resource Page for Challenge 7 (printable PDF)