Funding Your Education
- Texas Tech University prides itself on providing a high-quality, yet affordable, education to graduate students.
- Did you know that you could enroll in a Texas Tech Doctoral Program for as little as $600 a semester?
- Most Doctoral Students who are employed as Teaching Assistants/Research Assistants receive approximately $6,000 in tuition and fee assistance annually. In addition, there are other forms of financial assistance that may further reduce the cost of your education.
- There are a variety financial aid options available to graduate students, including scholarships, fellowships, grants, loans (some even interest free!), and work-study.
- Did you know if you are appointed as a teaching or research assistant, your spouse qualifies for resident in-state tuition. This is more than a $12,000-a-year benefit.
- Approximately 77% of Texas Tech graduate students receive some form of financial aid in addition to positions as teaching or research assistants.
- The average financial aid award for graduate students is $9,000.
- Forbes magazine and the Fiske Guide to Colleges ranked us among the best buys in American higher education.