STEM MBA Overview
The Rawls STEM MBA is a Master of Business Administration degree designed specifically for students with an undergraduate degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline.
As a general business degree with an emphasis on STEM applications, the program complements a STEM student's technical background while also providing the business skills needed to be successful in management and leadership roles. Courses include accounting, business analytics, decision theory, finance, economics, information technology, law, marketing, management, statistics and strategy, along with STEM-specific electives.
The accelerated program is 42 credit hours, and a condensed class schedule allows the program to be completed in one year.
TTU undergraduates with a STEM major: If you have 12 hours or less to complete your degree, you may take two classes prior to graduation. Contact the Office of Graduate and Professional Programs.
Fall Entry: July 1st
Spring Entry: December 1st
Summer Entry: May 1st (Summer I only)
Complete the Texas Tech Graduate School application form
You will need:
Provide your most current resume.
2. Submit Essays
Complete 4 short essays. Please submit all 4 essays on one document. Each essay must be 150 words or less in length.
- Essay 1: Projecting several years from now, what would you hope is the most significant attribute(s) you can bring to a corporation, organization, or society? In what way to plan to operationalize that attribute?
- Essay 2: If you have work experience (even if it is part-time), what aspect of that experience has been the most meaningful and why?
- Essay 3: Describe how you intend to seek employment at the completion of your degree?
- Essay 4: A complex task needs to get done by your group of coworkers. The task has not been assigned to anyone, but you, and your co-workers, are aware it its importance. How do you approach this situation?
3. Two recommendation letters
It is recommended that one letter be from someone who knows you in an academic capacity.
4. GMAT Scores
GMAT/GRE requirement can be waived for Texas Tech STEM majors with a 3.0 institutional GPA or higher.
Rawls College of Business STEM MBA Scholarship
The STEM MBA program offers scholarships to current students every year; each applicant is reviewed holistically and scholarships are awarded by a committee. If you are interested in being considered, please upload an essay outlining why you deserve this competitive scholarship.
- Texas Tech Brothers Create a Legacy of Entrepreneurship and Safety
- Rawls Graduate Takes "Kid Proof" to Market
- STEM MBA Student One of 54 U.S. Veterans Selected for Google Summit
- Alumna helps children and others in need through leadership at United Way
- MBA Student Wins Best Presenter at Big 12 Competition
View all news