Area of Finance
The field of finance is abundant with rewarding opportunities in a wide range of industries. By focusing on real-world cases and applied problems, students in the Area of Finance are prepared to become innovative leaders in the financial industry. Whether it is working in banking, investments, real estate, consulting or corporate finance, our graduates hit the ground running with the skills needed to become successful. Recent graduates have been hired at companies such as Bank of America, ConocoPhillips, Goldman Sachs and Lockheed Martin. Our Ph.D. students have been placed at high-profile institutions and agencies including Colorado State University, Ernst & Young LLP, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, University of Missouri, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, and the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Students acquire knowledge from nationally prominent faculty who have extensive industry experience. Our faculty members have held a variety of positions such as consultants, financial analysts, research economists, portfolio managers, and other senior positions for well-known employers including the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Federal Reserve Banks of St. Louis and Atlanta, Research Affiliates, Ibbotson Associates, and Goldman Sachs. In addition to their professional involvement, faculty members contribute original research which has been published in the Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, and many other academic and professional publications. Faculty members or their research have also been quoted or cited in numerous prominent publications, including The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, American Banker, BusinessWeek, Financial Times and USA Today.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) in Finance
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) for Working Professionals
- Master of Science in Finance
- Certificate in Finance (Undergraduate)
- Certificate in Finance (Graduate)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Business Administration (concentration in Finance)
Research & Institutes
- Dr. Paul Goebel Retires After 37 Years At Texas Tech
- Texas Tech Students Named Finalist in Nationwide Banking Competition
- The Real Estate Organization Tours Lubbock’s City Hall Construction Project
- Real Estate Organization Travels to Houston for Industry Tour
- Alumnus Spotlight: Jeremy Reiter, Accounting & Finance