Applying to TEACH
The application process includes the following requirements:
- A completed applicant profile (via online application system);
- A personal statement from the applicant. This statement should address:
- Progress toward degree.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Career goals.
- Reason for interest in the program.
- Discussion of your experience with having your teaching evaluated, and how you responded to such feedback.
- Curriculum vitae;
- Two faculty recommendations provided through the online application system. Please note
that generic letters of reference are not recommended.
- Selected recommenders will receive an automated email with a link to the system
- Students who speak English as a second language should provide a copy of the teaching recommendation letter emailed or given to them and their graduate advisors at the completion of the ITA workshop, or other official evidence of language proficiency.
- Applicants with complete applications will also be invited to participate in one of several group interviews. Participation in the interview process is strongly recommended.
Applications for the 2018-2019 are now open! Apply here.
The deadline for completed applications for the next TEACH Cohort is Friday,
April 13, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted. Decisions are made via faculty
selection committee in June or July.