Important MailTech Updates
MailTech is now located at Grantham Station, located at 604 N Knoxville Ave. Lubbock, TX 79415.
Departments and colleges may drop off outgoing mail and pick up mail and packages that have been sorted. Postage will be added to outgoing mail, and it will be sent out as soon as possible.
Operating Policy/Use of MailTech Services
- Do not touch the piece after the initial contact
- Call your supervisor to verify your concerns and continue with the following steps ONLY if your concerns are verified
- Stop all activities and evacuate all personnel in the immediate vicinity of the piece
- Turn off all air handling equipment and close all doors and windows in the area
- Call university police at (806) 742-3931 and MailTech at (806) 742-2286
Official Return Address Format
Mail dispatched from Texas Tech University using official funds must have a complete and correct Texas Tech University return address.
Return addresses should appear as follows:
TTU Department Name: TTU MailTech
Building/Room Number: Academic Support Center, Room 144
BOX 4####: Box 45017
Lubbock, TX 79409-####: Lubbock, TX 79409-5017
(#### indicates the four-digit mail stop number)
Hazardous Material Shipments
MailTech must have notification in advance when a department intends to ship hazardous material through the USPS or through one of its commercial carrier accounts. The department must ensure that all required documents are with the shipment, including the current Safety Data Sheet (SDS), and have a properly packed and labeled shipment. Under no circumstances will MailTech accept for shipment hazardous goods which are improperly packed, improperly labeled, or which lack a copy of the relevant SDS. MailTech staff actively coordinates with hazardous materials specialists from Environmental Health & Safety and will refer any questionable shipment to that office for examination prior to dispatch. Prior coordination with MailTech will ensure that you will have the correct packaging and labeling information for your shipment.