MailTechUniversity Mailing Addresses
MailTech provides the following services for Texas Tech University official activities:
- Mail pick up and delivery twice daily service for recognized campus mail stops
- Domestic and International mail metering and dispatch
- Commercial carrier dispatch
- Business Reply Mail (BRM) and Postage Due mail processing
- Confidential Mail
- Campus mail service
- Locator and forwarding service for undeliverable mail
- Consulting service for mail piece design and processing and mailing or postage issues
MailTech couriers provide mail pick up and delivery service to more than 200 separate TTU mail stop locations daily.
MailTech does not process bulk mail. However, MailTech does pay postage and process billing for bulk mail through a permit with USPS once the bulk mailing is prepared. For any questions, please call MailTech at (806) 742-2286 or send an email to MailTech@ttu.edu.
MailTech's Manager is President of:
- Southwest Association of College and University Mail Services SWACUMS
Operating Policy/Use of MailTech Services
- Do not touch the piece after the initial contact
- Call your supervisor to verify your concerns and continue with the following steps ONLY if your concerns are verified
- Stop all activities and evacuate all personnel in the immediate vicinity of the piece
- Turn off all air handling equipment and close all doors and windows in the area
- Call university police at (806) 742-3931 and MailTech at (806) 742-2286
Official Return Address Format
Mail dispatched from Texas Tech University using official funds must have a complete and correct Texas Tech University return address.
Return addresses should appear as follows:
TTU Department Name: TTU MailTech
Building/Room Number: Academic Support Center, Room 144
BOX 4####: Box 45017
Lubbock, TX 79409-####: Lubbock, TX 79409-5017
(#### indicates the four-digit mail stop number)
Hazardous Material Shipments
MailTech must have notification in advance when a department intends to ship hazardous material through the USPS or through one of its commercial carrier accounts. The department must ensure that all required documents are with the shipment, including the current Safety Data Sheet (SDS), and have a properly packed and labeled shipment. Under no circumstances will MailTech accept for shipment hazardous goods which are improperly packed, improperly labeled, or which lack a copy of the relevant SDS. MailTech staff actively coordinates with hazardous materials specialists from Environmental Health & Safety and will refer any questionable shipment to that office for examination prior to dispatch. Prior coordination with MailTech will ensure that you will have the correct packaging and labeling information for your shipment.