AEC undergraduates selected for internships in Austin, Washington D.C.
By: Norman Martin
Five specially-selected students from Texas Tech's Davis College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources will be spending their Spring semester working as interns in Austin and Washington, D.C. Running from January through May, the college's congressional intern program affords these students an opportunity to experience first-hand the government's day-to-day operations.
“Intern selections are always an exciting and difficult process,” said Davis College Dean Clint Krehbiel. “The program is one of the most unique student programs that the college has for Davis College students.”
This year's Davis College Washington, D.C.-based Spring interns include:
- Karlee Busher, a junior agricultural communications major from Winters, Texas (U.S. Representative August Pfluger; R-TX 11th Dist.)
- Hunter Harris, a senior agricultural communications major from Abilene, Texas; (U.S. Representative Ronny Jackson; (R-TX 13th Dist.)
- Emma Rethans, a sophomore agricultural communications major from Modesto, California (U.S. House Committee on Agriculture)
Separately, those students who will be on the ground as legislative interns in Austin are:
- Wrye Akers, a senior agricultural education major from Abernathy, Texas (Texas State Sen. Charles Perry; R-Lubbock 28th Dist.)
- Jenne Arrott, a junior agricultural communications major from San Antonio, Texas (Texas State Sen. Charles Perry; R-Lubbock 28th Dist.; Senate Committee on Water, Agriculture & Rural Affairs)
Davis College interns live in the 'Tech House' during their stay in Washington D.C., which is located just over a block away from the Capitol Building. Their living expenses are offset through scholarships from generous donors.
CONTACT: Haley Hudson, Program Manager for Academic & Student Programs, Congressional Internship Coordinator, Davis College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources, Texas Tech University at (806)742-2808 or email@example.com
0105NM23 / Editor's Note: For additional information about the Davis College Government Intern Program, click here
- Agricultural & Applied Economics
- Agricultural Education & Communications
- Animal & Food Sciences
- Landscape Architecture
- Natural Resources Management
- Plant & Soil Science
- Veterinary Science
Editor: Norman Martin
Maps: Where to Find It