The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering offers a minor in electrical engineering which requires the following courses:
- ECE 2372, Modern Digital Systems Design
- ECE 3302, Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering (Majors) or ECE 3301, General Electrical Engineering (Non-Majors)
- ECE 3303, Signals and Systems
- ECE 3311, Electronics
- ECE 3331, Robotics Project Lab
- ECE 3362 or 3363, Microcontrollers with Assembly
A minimum of 9 hours of ECE coursework must be taken at the 3000-level or above, and must be taken in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Texas Tech for the minor.